Internet is too bad. Do I need to pay a penalty to cancel the service?

jim1111111111
Grasshopper

Hello, everyone.

We signed a two-year shaw 300 contract. But, since the first day of the installation, the internet has been extremely bad. I can't use it for Youtube or even facebook. The speed test shows 0.01 to 200 vary by the minute. It has been almost three months and we have contacted the customer service 6 times. Until next Tuesday, there will be the third technicians come to our house. If they still fail to fix the internet, is it my legal right to cancel the internet? Do I need to pay penalty like 20 CAD per month? We are the first house using shaw in the neighborhood. So frustrated. 

Thank you for your help.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

i had issues but the tech discovered the wall jack part w...

HardcoreGames
Grasshopper

i had issues but the tech discovered the wall jack part was broken and causing a loss of over 24dB in signal 

lots of places where cable internet can go wrong

> The speed test shows 0.01 to 200 vary by the minute.  E...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> The speed test shows 0.01 to 200 vary by the minute. 

Experiment: use a "CAT-5E" or "CAT-6", not "CAT-5", Ethernet cable between your computer and the Shaw router, and rerun the Shaw Speedtest.

How fast is your computer's processor? Having a dual-core 1.6 Ghz processor is inadequate for the Shaw Speedtest, while having a dual-core 2.5 Ghz processor allows the SpeedTest to produce the highest values.

TALK TO US
We're here to help