Internet, loyalty, and cancellation

kalpeshp158
Grasshopper

I am loyal Shaw customer for as long as I remember. I moved in Calgary in 1986 and may be I am with them for over 30+ years.  Before they had loyalty department, but now it seems that every agent says it does not exist.  they never call back.

I had 300 Mbps blue-curve modem last year with $99/year plan.  I had issue with not getting speed.  The service person came last year and installed blue-curve.   This year they started charging me $140 because of blue-curve modem.  Now I am stuck with this plan.  My son was handling my plan and unfortunately he passed away.  I have following issue with speed.

My speed on LAN: Cat 6 I get 89.8 D and 23 U speed

WiFi: 296.3 D and 23 U speed

I am so sick to be on phone for support and on mercy on the people who are trying to just not do anything.  Very frustrating.  They are promising 600 Mbps and giving me **bleep** speed.  I want to cancel but They were telling $15 per month cancellation charge. Is this correct?  Can anyone help?

Now I am keeping record of everything and hopefully this message read by Shaw and someone helps.

Labels (2)
2 Replies

-- My speed on LAN: Cat 6 I get 89.8 D and 23 U speed As...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@kalpeshp158 -- My speed on LAN: Cat 6 I get 89.8 D and 23 U speed

As I wrote in your other question, it is possible that the Ethernet network adapter in your computer supports only 10/100 speeds, not 10/100/1000 speeds. Your computer's WiFi network adapter is giving you close to the 300 Mbps that Shaw promotes in their "Fibre+ 300" services.

Or, the properties of your Ethernet adapter have been set to "lock" your adapter to 100 Mbps.

Yes, the "Loyalty" department has been dissolved. Some Shaw Agents now have the discretion to give the promotions that previously were available onto through that "Loyalty" department.

Yes, if you have Shaw Internet, but not Shaw TV, the cancellation fee is $15/month.

> read by Shaw

Maybe. This is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, not a direct path to Shaw Support. So, one of the Shaw employees who "moderate" this forum may possibly see your message. Maybe.

Thank you all for your reply.  I understand Ethernet card...

kalpeshp158
Grasshopper

Thank you all for your reply.  I understand Ethernet card speed and issue.  But it does not even reach to 100 mbps. 

Few other items I want to mention. 

1. There was definitely an issue due to our old neighbourhood and Shaw technician came three times before they installed blue curve and automatically install Blue-curve to solve their problem. 

2. My WiFi speed is also less then 300.  I get buffering on second floor in all my online streaming.

3. When they increase my cost from $100 plan to $140 plan, they never told me that I have to lock for two years.

4.  Getting extremely difficult on service sides of Shaw.

3. Telus has installed Fibre internet in our community.  I am constantly being offered $115 plan with what I have +Telus security and two Mobility plans.  I do not want to cancel Shaw because of Telus but because of cost of increase and nothing has changed.  Every time I have asked someone to call me, no one calls back.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help