Internet not working

Terse
Grasshopper

I live in koko platz portage la prairie and have been without internet since 4pm, I still have no internet even though at 7:30pm the outages app said problem resolved. It is not!!!! I am very frustrated and will be calling customer support again a third time to complain and ask for a refund as well as possibly changing my provider. Also if even one person still has no internet the outages app should still show it!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Fix in progress. https://support.shaw.ca/t5/service-updat...

rstra
Grand Master

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Terse -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help.

This forum is not a path to Shaw Support [1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat ]

Only they can answer questions about their network.

Note: if you currently have a two-year Value Plan, there is a cancellation fee ($15/month for each remaining month in the 2 years) for cancelling the contract. Add another $15/month if you cancel both Internet & TV services.  So, think before you cancel, unless you can sign-on to a different provider that will give you a bill-credit for those remaining months, if you switch to them.

Have you tried disconnecting the power-cord from your cable-modem, waiting a few seconds, reconnecting the cord, and letting the cable-modem completely reboot?

Which cable-modem do you have? (Hitron, XB6, XB7, XB8)

Which lamps on the cable-modem are lit-up? What colour are those lamps (red, white, orange) ?

0 Kudos