internet.shaw.ca browser check is overly strict, denies access (XB7 Port Forwarding)

russtopia
Grasshopper

Ever since my xb7 modem got latest firmware, all advanced amin functions were moved out-of-device forcing me to visit internet.shaw.ca. Firstly I find this unacceptable as the device-resident Port Forwarding/Trigger pages are now gone.

Second, the replacement, internet.shaw.ca, refuses to recognise my Vivaldi browser (which is Chromium and up to date) and thus blocks me entirely from administering my own modem!

Please escalate this to the Bluecurve and Shaw web support groups. The Shaw sites need to be more tolerant of browser variants, especially to let users access CORE modem functions (and chat support, that's being blocked too!)

Secondly, PUT BACK THESE FUNCTIONS onto the modem's own internal web interface. CORE functions should NOT be REQUIRE an external site or mobile app. Optional, sure.. but not mandatory.

Browser: Vivaldi 4.3.2439.71 (Stable channel) stable (64-bit)

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/94.0.4606.114 Safari/537.36

1 Reply

I agree. If the product is to be used in a browser, the o...

FoggyMinded
Grasshopper

I agree. If the product is to be used in a browser, the operating system is irrelevant. I do not use windows or apple products.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help