internet speed of 300 not working

tkkdnd
Grasshopper

Did everything asked to get the faster speeds and it stills sits at 150... Wired is less than WI Fi...

Labels (1)
23 Replies

Re: internet speed of 300 not working

shaw-tony

Hey tkkdnd,

Thank you for reaching out! That is certainly odd, once you power reset your equipment, you should be able to receive up to 300 Mbps download as per our details here. Do you have any 3rd party routers or switches attached to the Shaw modem? Also, is your direct ethernet cable cat5e, as all previous generations are not rated for the higher speeds.

Keep me posted,

Tony | Community Mod.

Not applicable

The speed update may not have hit your area yet even though it was supposed to have.

Wired being slower than WiFi is odd though..  How much slower?  Wired showing 95-96 by chance?

tkkdnd
Grasshopper

Yes to Kevinds.... It is 95 average and wifi is 150..  As for cable I am using the one provided with the hitron modem..

0 Kudos

tkkdnd
Grasshopper

No switches or routers on my system..

tkkdnd
Grasshopper

No switches or routers on my system. Cable is the one provided by Shaw with the Hitron modem. 

0 Kudos

davidricker
Grasshopper

My internet has become UNUSABLE.Was told a tech will be out in seven days to look at this issue but that doesn't fix the problem today. I'm barely receiving a consistent signal to stream even Youtube.No wi-fi being used all hardwired to Shaw modem and I'm the only person in my household.This isn't what I pay for and yes I'm upset by the bad bad service and lack of prompt repair!

Not applicable

95 mbps means your device is only connecting at 100 mbps.  Either the device only has a 100 mbps network card, the network cable only has 4 wires instead of the 8, the cable is damaged, or your device is set to force 100 mbps.

As WiFi is always 150..  Ask a neighbor if they have the faster speeds yet..  I suspect your area or account hasn't been upgraded yet..  Give it a week or two.

daddypooch
Grasshopper

I had Telus 25 for past year and a half - - always had Shaw TV (digital classic)  so when (Telus)  'deal' ran out, went with Shaw for both services.  Techie installed Blue-Sky and Internet 150  two days ago.  Later that nite I tested using Shaw Speedtest and got values of  about  75 Ping,  14  Down and  .5 Up   speeds.

Yesterday,  the Down was at approx.  240 (yes, mb's),  and the down at approx. 2.  Can't recall the Ping but I know it was still rather high.

This morning,  I did the testing again and first with  Speedtest.net.    My ping showed 85,   the Down at 12.7  and Up  at .20.     I then did it at Speedtest.shaw.ca  and the Ping was 38,  the Down  was 17.2  and the Up was  0.3 - -  . 

I should point out a couple things.  The Shaw internet I am now subscribed to is the Internet 150  and the previous (Telus) was  Internet 25.    Throughout the past  year and a half (with Telus)  I was getting  consistent Speedtest results of  less than  5  (for Ping),  between 22 and 28 (for Down) and very similar for Uploads.  Yes, Up with Fibre much better than with Copper - - so I've been told - - and results speak for themselves.

I should also point out that these tests (above) were ALL done with Ethernet.  Today I am testing with the hardwire AND  newest Wi-Fi and getting similar  results with either.

Looks like it is going to be a  looooong  next two years.  (and, DON'T  get me started on the topic of Blue Sky TV!!)

Live and learn.  ($123. per month)

0 Kudos

jake77
Grasshopper

Hi David,

I just wanted to let you know I was having the same issues. I signed up 300 and had nothing but issues. Wanted to switch back to 150 and old modem. SHAW said they would be there in 7 days. They missed that appointment and that put me passed the 10 days. After 10 days, they charge $20.00 a month for the reminder of the contract to cancel. I was still in my first month. So I couldn't cancel. Went back to 150 and everything is fine again. Hope this helps you.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help