Internet speed way down.

cancon-wpg
Grasshopper

Last little while the Internet speed is down to 80 - 90 mips. Normally I get no less than 750 - and almost never 1gig is what we are paying for.

Can someone explain why are we paying for 1 gig and not getting even 10 percent of the promised speed?

Nick

Labels (2)
2 Replies

Hi  , have you tried contacting Shaw Support directly thr...

g-idk
Master

Hi @cancon-wpg , have you tried contacting Shaw Support directly through the online chat service or phone or social media messenger, this is only a peer to peer discussion forum not regularly monitored by Shaw Staff.  Personally I can only suggest a power off reboot of the modem, unplug the power to the modem wait 30 seconds then plug power back in and let the modem reboot itself.  By contacting Shaw directly the service rep can check remotely what if any problems might be happening to affect your service, or they might have to send a tech out.  Sorry not much help, unless someone else can chime in with some ideas.   

0 Kudos

Sound just like what's happening to me.  I had a tech com...

Ottobus71
Grasshopper

Sound just like what's happening to me.  I had a tech come to my house to say that the problem (bottlenecking) in the hub in my back alley.  Had more techs come and supposedly fixed it, but my speeds didn't change.  max speed is 300mb and even on my wired laptop i cant get over 300.  I'm paying for 1g.  My 600mb was faster than this.  I then spent about 3 hours messaging with Shaw support only to say I should be happy the speed I'm getting.  when I said ill look for a new provider they disconnected with me.  Not very professional !    Sorry I don't have a solution but I thought I would let you know your not alone.

TALK TO US
We're here to help