Jump to solution

Mail box always full - how can I rectify aside fro

KeithH
Grasshopper

I've read the articles on Shaw and Apple (I have a Mac) but it's still not completely clear.  I'm have the settings for POP3 and would like the files to come of Shaw webmail and reside in my Apple Mail "client" which I believe I can then sync across my other Apple devices but free up space in my webmail so I'm not constantly fighting the Quota warnings.  Can someone please tell me if there's a setting(s) that I need to make this work?  Much appreciated.  K

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

-- the POP3 protocol should be downloading all your messa...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@KeithH -- the POP3 protocol should be downloading all your messages to your computer, but your E-mail client does have the option "leave messages on mail-server for NNN days".  By "leaving" the messages, your IMAP mail-clients (on your other computers) can "peek" at the messages remaining on the mail-server.

Logon to Shaw WebMail, and move the mouse-pointer over the label "Trash", and let it "hover" there until you see "123 messages occupying 456 MB", or something like that. Delete all the messages from that folder, to free-up 456MB within your 1000MB quota.

Also, point to the "Sent" folder, and do the same "hover". Are there any messages within that folder that can be moved to the "Trash" folder, by "deleting" them?  If so, then after deleting them, re-open the "Trash" folder, and "permanently delete" those messages.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jump to solution

-- the POP3 protocol should be downloading all your messa...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@KeithH -- the POP3 protocol should be downloading all your messages to your computer, but your E-mail client does have the option "leave messages on mail-server for NNN days".  By "leaving" the messages, your IMAP mail-clients (on your other computers) can "peek" at the messages remaining on the mail-server.

Logon to Shaw WebMail, and move the mouse-pointer over the label "Trash", and let it "hover" there until you see "123 messages occupying 456 MB", or something like that. Delete all the messages from that folder, to free-up 456MB within your 1000MB quota.

Also, point to the "Sent" folder, and do the same "hover". Are there any messages within that folder that can be moved to the "Trash" folder, by "deleting" them?  If so, then after deleting them, re-open the "Trash" folder, and "permanently delete" those messages.

Jump to solution

I've got the same message, over and over, that I'm over q...

dale2000
Grasshopper

I've got the same message, over and over, that I'm over quota.   I went in, cleaned out all the trash and junk, added any and all e-mails I had no use for, deleted all e-mails over 1 MB in size, and I'm still at 980 MB!    All the e-mails currently in there are needed, or possibly needed in the future, the same as those that would need receipts for things, and e-mails that you might want to look back on in time.   Shaw needs to 'explain' our options of putting all these valued e-mails somewhere, without them being deleted!   Can they be saved in some way, so you can still quickly locate any particular one of them at a moments notice?   I don't mind emptying my Webmail, but all these e-mails are needed, and have to be kept!

Jump to solution

-- note that the Microsoft Outlook E-mail client can crea...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dale2000 -- note that the Microsoft Outlook E-mail client can create "local storage" folders. These folders are stored on your computer's disk-drive, not on Shaw's mail-server. So, after you drag-and-drop messages from Shaw's mail-folders into those local folders, you will be using less of your 1000 MB "quota".  Of course, if you have multiple computers, those "local storage" folders can only be accessed from the one computer -- the messages will disappear from your other devices.

Also, there is an "export" function, which might be useful.

TALK TO US
We're here to help