Mail in sent items

davecason
Grasshopper

Odd one .... reinstalled my email account on a PC after putting up with a virus !

Anyway dropped in the account and set it as POP and inbox is happy but for some reason the SENT ITEMS folder on my PC is not filling up with my sent mail on the folder that I can see when I login to WebMail?

Is there anyway to manually force the mail messages in the sent items folder on to the PC or can I do a manual export or something ?

Cheers'

Dave

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Mail in sent items

shaw-tamara

Hi davecason 

What email client are you using? I've never done this myself but it looks like you should be able to export your sent folder from Webmail using the steps on How to import/export from Webmail. The steps for importing may vary depending on the email client you are using but you should be able to find them online. 

0 Kudos

davecason
Grasshopper

Hi Tamara,

OK, I tried that and it seems to have worked - I pulled down the "sent mail " from the webmail site as you described and it came down as a TAR file and it was 193,215KB and for fun I unzipped it to a drive on the PC and I see the messages there.  

They all came in as an   xxxxxx .eml  file, so I'm not sure what that is but they're here!

Now the fun part - any clue how to get them all back in to the "Sent Items" folder in Outlook 2016?

There is only 59 messages in there on the PC now and of course in the Web Mail account on-line there are slightly more, like 629 more !  (grin)

Also any clue why it would't automatically just d/l and re-populate the folders after I got the client back up and working again? No biggie if I can get the import to work - just wondering tho !?

Cheers'
Dave

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

We don't support third party mail clients, but there should be a way to import this type of file in the settings. If you do a search on https://support.office.com/en-us/outlook you should hopefully be able to find the steps to import them into Outlook. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help