McAfee renewal

toast1955
Grasshopper

As Shaw has dicontinued McAfee I bought a two year subscription, I am not able to register the new subscription with any of my emails,,, On the renewal confirmation it read about setting up a email address for me, and gave me this mailto:1740026094035917####@shawinternetsecurity.ca for instructions for downloading. The page timed out before I got to save it.  Two of my computers running Ver 1.18.25 are now active but can't register any emails with product.. Third computer running Ver 16 is dead in the water,, won't do anything when trying to verify account..  McAfee support said to contact Shaw support..  Any fixes would be appreciated

Labels (1)
6 Replies

Shaw no longer provides or supports this product, this re...

rstra
Grand Master

@toast1955 Shaw no longer provides or supports this product, this really is a McAfee issue. Was the old Shaw version completely removed from your computer?

0 Kudos

No it wasn't,,  now I have no way of uninstalling and rei...

toast1955
Grasshopper

No it wasn't,,  now I have no way of uninstalling and reinstalling without login for the new 2 year subscription, seams all that info went to a Shaw  email account that I have no access to, any idea what  17400260940359176633@shawinternetsecurity.ca would be referring to. I have 3 computers running McAfee two with ver1.18.225 that have successfully activated again with new subscription. One that I was never able to update to new ver.  because Shaw had discontinued support, and as I said earlier will not update to new subscription. Thinking maybe the only fix will be to ask for refund and start all over,,, thanks you in advance if you can suggest any solutions

0 Kudos

Too bad it's been discontinued and no longer supported. I...

wynford
Grasshopper

@rstra wrote:

@toast1955 Shaw no longer provides or supports this product, this really is a McAfee issue. Was the old Shaw version completely removed from your computer?

Too bad it's been discontinued and no longer supported. It was a good product and I used it until I got a new laptop and never got around to reinstalling it.

0 Kudos

wrote: ave me this mailto:1740026094035917####@shawintern...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@toast1955 wrote: gave me this mailto:1740026094035917####@shawinternetsecurity.ca

That "mailto:" prefix should cause your web-browser to open your E-mail client, and start composing a message to the E-mail ID that is starting with "17".  If it does not, copy that ID to the Windows Clipboard, and paste it into your E-mail program (Outlook? GMail? Thunderbird? Shaw WebMail?).

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos

think this is above my expertise,, I send message to text...

toast1955
Grasshopper

think this is above my expertise,, I send message to text support explaining the issue and your suggestion.. Haven't heard back yet, but hoping I will soon

0 Kudos

Did you get this issue resolved?  I have the exact same p...

Tinaped
Grasshopper

Did you get this issue resolved? 

I have the exact same problem!

0 Kudos