Modem and wifi issues

RichBe
Grasshopper

Hello,

Just got a new modem upgrade from Shaw.  My Xbox series X and Playstation 4 can't connect to the internet with a direct connection to the modem.  Wireless works but it doesn't seem to be very stable on the PS4 and the XBSX is stuck on 2G when I would rather it be on 5G.

I noticed on the box that it's a refurb modem.  I'm guessing it's still defective, though all my Apple devices connect to it no problem, it's hard to tell if I'm connected via 2G or 5G.  Even though I've created an account on Shaw for my wife for the internet, we can't log into the app as it says the email address we use doesn't exist as an account.

Lots of issues here, anyone can help?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
3 Replies

wrote: it's hard to tell if I'm connected via 2G or 5G....

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@RichBe wrote: it's hard to tell if I'm connected via 2G or 5G.

Logon to your cable-modem, either: http://192.168.0.1 or http://10.0.0.1

using the ID/password printed on the label on the cable-modem.

Then, you can view the details of every current wired/wireless connection, e.g. "2.4" or "5" Ghz.

Even though I've created an account on Shaw for my wife for the internet, we can't log into the app as it says the email address we use doesn't exist as an account.

To what system (Apple ID? Shaw E-mail? Shaw App on your cell-phone? ) is she trying to connect?

0 Kudos

I am having the same issue. Upon receiving our new shaw m...

Sandlerhappy
Grasshopper

I am having the same issue. Upon receiving our new shaw modem, neither my PS4 nor my Xbox Series X can even see the wireless network. My TV receiver works well and is right beside the consoles. Wi/fi is fine as well. I have power reset the modem several times to no avail. What is interesting is that I was able to initially set both consoles to wi/fi without issue. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos

-- does the new modem support both 2.4 and 5 Gigahertz Wi...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Sandlerhappy -- does the new modem support both 2.4 and 5 Gigahertz WiFi connections?

Which bands do your PS4 and your Xbox support?

Have you configured the new modem to have two SSIDs -- one for the 2.4 Ghz band, and one for the 5 Ghz band, and then trying to get your devices to connect to one of the SSIDs, or the other, to see if a "match" can be found.

PS4

SSID for 2.4 Ghz

SSID for 5 Ghz

2.4 Ghz

?

?

5 Ghz

?

?

Repeat above for you XBOX.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US