Jump to solution

thank you for the very detailed illustration and context....

shaw-tony

@whomever thank you for the very detailed illustration and context. One of my colleagues did reach out to me advising you reached out and they are sending you the new modem. Hopefully, that will solve this issue. Keep us posted on how it goes!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

> "One of my colleagues did reach out to me advising you...

whomever
Grasshopper

@shaw-tony @mdk @Claymation @rstra 

@shaw-tony > "One of my colleagues did reach out to me advising you reached out and they are sending you the new modem. Hopefully, that will solve this issue. Keep us posted on how it goes!"

He did not bring the other model. But that's OK because he may have found the source of the problem. Should go into a FAQ.

The tech arrived, surveyed things:

1. As we all know, receiving a Hitron now is receiving a used Hitron. Last February(?), I requested a return from BlueWave back to Hitron. That was done. 
  2. The connector where the coax goes into the modem 'may' be the problem IF, a #6 male with thicker inner wire was used before, and a #5 male (thinner) goes in, the female is use to the #6. Applying a smaller #5 male coax (the inner wire) could mean the smaller isn't making a great contact at times.
  3. The tech replaced the cable with a 6. 
  4. We'll give it a few days - let's see.

This makes so much sense as to probable cause because if computers could talk to each other, but no internet, is why I felt it had be from that connection to wherever. 

Hats off to the tech. He came, he looked, he listened, and went straight to test the size of the male connector. Replaced cable. It is noticeably larger. We wait now.

Merry Christmas to you all, and a Happy and Prosperous New Year and thanks for all your help. 

~w~

p.s.I may be off with my numbers, but that is how it was explained. 

Jump to solution

I got it. The centre conductor of RG59 cable is thinner t...

rstra
Grand Master

I got it. The centre conductor of RG59 cable is thinner than RG6 and can be a loose fit, causing the modem to go offline. This can be an issue, especially if equipment is not new.

Jump to solution

> The connector where the coax goes into the modem 'may'...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> The connector where the coax goes into the modem 'may' be the problem IF, a #6 male with thicker inner wire was used before, and a #5 male (thinner) goes in, the female is use to the #6. Applying a smaller #5 male coax (the inner wire) could mean the smaller isn't making a great contact at times.

I read, out loud, the above sentences to my significant other, and got a verbal reply "get your mind out of the gutter, you perv".

Obviously, the S.O. did not understand the innocent context of the issue. 🙂

TALK TO US
We're here to help