My wife's email get's flagged as SPAM?

gordn
Grasshopper

really? We've been emailing back and forth for years and she get's flagged. I also get Zinio magazine emails and 50% get flagged, Rona, about every third one.

So random! I have to admit it's caught a few baddies but really? My wife? Well....lol..maybe she's a bit spammy

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

it is important to us to reduce spam as per Canada's Anti...

shaw-tony

@gordn it is important to us to reduce spam as per Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation. There are limits to how many emails you can send/receive in a specified amount of time before it is marked as spam. You can certainly whitelist your wife's email address to ensure you receive them with the steps here

0 Kudos

That seems to an inbox related step, not individual email...

gordn
Grasshopper

That seems to an inbox related step, not individual email address white-list? What is this fabled whitelist you speak of?

0 Kudos

> What is this fabled whitelist you speak of? It is in th...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> What is this fabled whitelist you speak of?

It is in the ether. 🙂

Open your E-mail program, and look for "Contacts". Add her ID to your list of "Contacts".

Or, open one of her messages, and click to "add contact".

The exact details depend on which E-mail program that you use - Outlook, Windows 10 Mail, Thunderbird, Eudora, Windows Live Mail, Shaw WebMail, et cetera.

0 Kudos

She's been in my contact list for years...hence my baffle...

gordn
Grasshopper

She's been in my contact list for years...hence my bafflement.

0 Kudos

so this morning I get in my inbox, Paypal has detected un...

gordn
Grasshopper

so this morning I get in my inbox, Paypal has detected unusual activity in your account email 

Ha!

A free community open source online university called coursera, that I've been getting subscribed emails from for two years, got spam-boxed this morning. I'm just going to turn it off. It's useless.

0 Kudos

> so this morning I get in my inbox, Paypal has detected...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> so this morning I get in my inbox, Paypal has detected unusual activity in your account email 

Today, I received a very-similar message, but in the "headers" of the E-mail, I see:

From: PayPal Support <noreply-masuidiasuidhiuad1@kasdhow.com>

Obviously, you & I have received phishing messages, spoofing PayPal.

Is there a PDF file attached to the E-mail, with "click here to resolve" button? The *REAL* PayPal would *NEVER* use such a method to contact them, or to "resolve" any alleged problem.

Just delete that message.

Then, logon to www.paypal.com -- hopefully, you will not find anything "wrong" with your account.

0 Kudos

of course

gordn
Grasshopper

of course

0 Kudos

You have stated that "There are limits to how many emails...

AJSkene
Grasshopper

You have stated that "There are limits to how many emails you can send/receive in a specified amount of time before it is marked as spam." 

Is this a Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) requirement or a Shaw Communications Inc. limit?

Where did you get this information and what are the limits? 

I have searched CASL-related websites and Shaw-related websites and cannot find anything related to the limits you talk about.

...glenn

0 Kudos

-- cannot find anything Why publish something that makes...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@AJSkene -- cannot find anything

Why publish something that makes it easier for the spammers to circumvent ?

TALK TO US
We're here to help