Jump to solution

Netflix freezing

knewmarch
Grasshopper

I Have had problems with Netflix freezing and the loading icon showing up.  Have to shut down and reconnect. Could this be my choice of download speed (300 versus 750).

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

if all other devices with Netflix works normally then I'd...

shaw-tony

@knewmarch if all other devices with Netflix works normally then I'd recommend contacting Apple to troubleshoot the Apple TV device. Sounds like it may be a software issue where the app is crashing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jump to solution

Your choice of 300 vs 750mbps isn't the cause of the issu...

greblosdier
Grasshopper

Your choice of 300 vs 750mbps isn't the cause of the issue.  Both are more than fast enough to stream Netflix even at UHD resolution.  IIRC, Netflix states 25mbps as the minimum for UHD/4K.  If it's happening on more than one device, it could be a problem with your Internet connection, network, WiFi signal, or a device on the network using too much bandwidth.  If it's isolated to one device, it could be WiFi signal, a problem with the app, or the device itself. If you are continuing to have trouble, it would help to post which device(s) you're having the problem with. (PC, Shaw Box, smart TV, etc.)

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- Also, on a Windows computer, there are "background" ta...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@knewmarch -- Also, on a Windows computer, there are "background" tasks (Windows Update, Adobe updater, Apple updater, Anti-virus update, scheduled "disk-drive optimization", and a scheduled virus-scan, to mention a few) that could monopolize your computer (and your Internet).

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

It is only happening on the Apple TV box; all other devic...

knewmarch
Grasshopper

It is only happening on the Apple TV box; all other devices, PC,Wifi etc work fine. By shutting down the APPLE tv box it seems to fix the problem on Netflix for a day or two. Just annoying to having to shutdown and restart to fix

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Just the Apple TV box seems to have problem with Netflix...

knewmarch
Grasshopper

Just the Apple TV box seems to have problem with Netflix shows. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

if all other devices with Netflix works normally then I'd...

shaw-tony

@knewmarch if all other devices with Netflix works normally then I'd recommend contacting Apple to troubleshoot the Apple TV device. Sounds like it may be a software issue where the app is crashing.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help