New free replacement email client Outlook

wynford
Grasshopper

The new free replacement email client, Outlook for Windows, is not syncing (importing) all my Webmail folders, it synced most of them with no problem, but not all of them. The old Mail client did... is this a Shaw (Rogers) issue or a Microsoft issue and how can I get the other folders synced?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

-- within Microsoft Outlook, you must select which IMAP f...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wynford -- within Microsoft Outlook, you must select which IMAP folders that Outlook is to synchronize with your Shaw mailbox.  Have you been doing that?  It works for me.

0 Kudos

Is this for the new free replacement email client? I went...

wynford
Grasshopper

Is this for the new free replacement email client? I went through all the settings and can't anything about IMAP folders except for...

All my Webmail folders were synced with my iPhone and the original email client, but not the free replacement Outlook.

IMAP configurationHostname
imap.shaw.ca
Port
Secure connection type
SSL / TLS (recommended)

SMTP configurationHostname
mail.shaw.ca
Port
Secure connection type
StartTLS
0 Kudos

-- within Outlook, I see: So, click the "Query" button,...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wynford -- within Outlook, I see:

Capture.JPG

So, click the "Query" button, and then "subscribe" to each of the folders.

0 Kudos

I have nothing like that in my Outlook. I think you might...

wynford
Grasshopper

I have nothing like that in my Outlook. I think you might be using the Office version of Outlook... mine came from the Windows Store...

From the Store...

The new Outlook for Windows is a best-in-class email experience that is free for anyone with Windows. Easily connect and coordinate your personal and work email accounts and calendars in one app. Write clear, concise mails and get intelligent suggestions with built-in AI. Seamlessly attach important documents and photos to any note. With the new Outlook for Windows, you can stay on top of it all, for free. This app will replace the Windows Mail, Calendar, and People apps beginning in 2024.

0 Kudos

I just switched over as well, I only have about 6 folders...

rstra
Grand Master

@wynford  I just switched over as well, I only have about 6 folders and they all made it. I am on the free ad supported version, I wonder if their are other limitations?

0 Kudos

I'm missing 1 (out of 13 on Webmail) folders in mine... a...

wynford
Grasshopper

I'm missing 1 (out of 13 on Webmail) folders in mine... and the old mail client is only going to be supported until the end of the year. I hope there isn't any limitations... I might have to combine the 1 folders into one of the others.

0 Kudos

Now I have a new problem... I removed my @shaw.ca email a...

wynford
Grasshopper

Now I have a new problem... I removed my @shaw.ca email account, rebooted and tried to setup my @shaw.ca account and I get this..

I tried adding a few times and the same thing.... aaarrrgggghhh

shaw.jpg

0 Kudos

I got that fixed

wynford
Grasshopper

I got that fixed

0 Kudos

I fixed my problem... in Webmail, I had one folder called...

wynford
Grasshopper

I fixed my problem... in Webmail, I had one folder called Important, I renamed it and Outlook (new) for Windows synced everything... woohoo!!!

TALK TO US
We're here to help