Jump to solution

New upload speeds, when to expect them?

rogerfar
Grasshopper

My billing cycle was on the 15th and was hoping to enjoy the new upload speeds for 300.

I have the Hitron modem, which I poweredcycled a few times, but no new upload speeds yet.

When can I expect them or should I request it to be done manually?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Hi  the faster uploads are only available to customers wh...

g-idk
Master

Hi @rogerfar the faster uploads are only available to customers who switch to the Blue Curve Modem system, if you stay on the Hitron modem you will keep your regular upload speeds.  You will need to talk to Shaw Directly through the chat service or phone for more info. if you would like to change your modem.  I'm in the same boat but I do not need or will ever need that much upload speed so I'm sticking to my Hitron.  

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Jump to solution

I think you need the BlueCurve modem to get the faster up...

rstra
Grand Master

I think you need the BlueCurve modem to get the faster upload speeds.

Jump to solution

Hi  the faster uploads are only available to customers wh...

g-idk
Master

Hi @rogerfar the faster uploads are only available to customers who switch to the Blue Curve Modem system, if you stay on the Hitron modem you will keep your regular upload speeds.  You will need to talk to Shaw Directly through the chat service or phone for more info. if you would like to change your modem.  I'm in the same boat but I do not need or will ever need that much upload speed so I'm sticking to my Hitron.  

Jump to solution

That's too bad, I read that it's not even using DOCSIS 3....

rogerfar
Grasshopper

That's too bad, I read that it's not even using DOCSIS 3.1 tech just yet, so technically should be possible on the Hitron too.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hi again  I'm not 100% sure but I was informed that they...

g-idk
Master

Hi again @rogerfar I'm not 100% sure but I was informed that they are using the DOCSIS 3.1 for all of there Blue Curve Systems to be able to offer the gig speeds and increased uploads, everyone else is still on the DOCSIS 3.0 (Hitron Modem) and they are not designed to handle the major increase in speeds up and down.  Like I said I'm not a serious techy but this is what I was lead to believe.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

- when? Where do you live? Shaw may not have rolled-out t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rogerfar - when?

Where do you live? Shaw may not have rolled-out that new service everywhere that they currently offer service.

As the Other Person stated, you'll have to switch from the 4-Ethernet-port Hitron to the 2-Ethernet-port BlueCurve. So, if you are currently using more than 2 Ethernet ports, you'll need to add your own "switch" hardware, to increase the number of Ethernet ports.

Shaw may automatically re-provision the BlueCurve modem (overnight?), or you may have to ask them to re-provision it. Nothing definitive, yet, from Shaw.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

In Cochrane, new neighbourhood which is capable of highes...

rogerfar
Grasshopper

In Cochrane, new neighbourhood which is capable of highest tier packages.

I'll ask Shaw about a modem swap then.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help