new webmail

wynford
Grasshopper

I see Shaw has a new Webmail... my main concern is how to remove spam... in the previous version you would create a filter and then run it and the spam would be gone... in this new Webmail, you can create a new filter, but I can't see anything to run it?

How do you remove spam in the new Webmail?

Labels (1)
8 Replies

-- I do not see any "new" version -- maybe, I have been u...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wynford -- I do not see any "new" version -- maybe, I have been using the "new" version for a few years ???

What I see is:

Capture.JPG

with the pull-down that has 3 options on what to do with anything that Shaw has identified as "spam" E-mail.

0 Kudos

This is what I see...and I looked everywhere and can't se...

wynford
Grasshopper

This is what I see...and I looked everywhere and can't seem to find what version Webmail is being used.... That wasn't the Webmail they used last time I added spam filters

mail 2.jpgmail.jpg

0 Kudos

MIne used to look like that up until a couple of weeks ago

wynford
Grasshopper

MIne used to look like yours up until a couple of weeks ago and why is it so hard to find the edit button?

0 Kudos

-- hard to find the edit button? From your posted images,...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wynford -- hard to find the edit button?

From your posted images, I see:

Capture.JPG

with the "yellow-pencil".

Within Shaw WebMail, look in the top-right corner, for the "triangle" following your name.

Click it. Click "About", to see:

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos

I can add and edit filters in this new version, just can'...

wynford
Grasshopper

I can add and edit filters in this new version, just can't find a RUN button... in the previous Webmail in the mail filter section there was a RUN button to remove spam... 

This version of Webmail doesn't seem to show a triangle following my name with an about... 

I wonder if shaw is trying out a new Webmail and I got tossed into this new version as I only use it to create filters and delete spam

0 Kudos

-- what I see is: with a "Run Filter" button. I guess th...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wynford -- what I see is:

Capture.JPG

with a "Run Filter" button. I guess that Shaw _always_ runs the filters, but you may click the button to immediately do a "one-time" run of a specific newly-added/modified filter.

EDIT: oops -- I clipped too much when I clipped the screen-capture.

There is a "Filter" label just below the "Spam" label, on the left. Select it.

0 Kudos

Yup... my Webmail used to look like that... guess I'm stu...

wynford
Grasshopper

Yup... my Webmail used to look like that... guess I'm stuck with this newer (?) version.

Too bad people from Shaw don't read these discussions.

0 Kudos

I got it fixed, finally... I searched the community and I...

wynford
Grasshopper

I got it fixed, finally... I searched the community and I found how to fix it...

Go into Preferences of the "NEW" version and change the view, either to Ajax or HTML, then save and log out. When you log back in, it should be fixed, mine was set to HTML, changed it to Ajax and Webmail is back to what it was

0 Kudos