Nike Website blocked???

milkshaker
Grasshopper

Hi

I have issue reaching Nike website.  Is it blocked by Shaw???

Nike Canada website has been blocked last 2 weeks. I can go to a few pages then when I tried to go to Mens or Boys catagory, I get an error message. I have re-set my Hitron CGNM-2250 Advanced WiFi Modem and also re-start it. I also tried with my iPhone, iPad but same result... (blocked Nike website)

However, when I tried with FIDO network on my iPhone it works fine. so I contacted Shaw and Sam (REP#9923) had me to change google DNS 8.8.8.8 but no luck.   and many tests.   After spending about an hour, he couldn't resolve the issue and he escalated this issue.

2 days later, he emailed me back and explained me that it's not Shaw but Nike. .. Really? Then why I can access to Nike website through FIDO network??? (I told him about this at first contact)

Do I need to ask for a new Modem???

I need someone to help me to fix this issue.

Please help!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
15 Replies

Re: Nike Website blocked???

milkshaker
Grasshopper

By the way, why do I need to create a new user name and password only for this community when I already have shaw user name and password ???

0 Kudos

milkshaker
Grasshopper

This is a reply from Shaw.

Followup for: CS000009060030

Response By Email (Sam 9923) (07/28/2018 05:20 PM)
Hi Inagaki,

My name is Sam in eCare (REP#9923) and I hope you're having a great day. In response to your inquiry from our online chat yesterday, July 27 2018, I would like to follow up regarding the site access issues you have been experiencing.

After escalating the issue to our back end team yesterday, they were able to check the information we had collected, the error message, as well as the trace results.

Today, I received their response - and they've determined that there are no routing issues affecting your access to the Nike site. So we aren't preventing you from accessing this website.

The trace route had reached the destination IP/server meaning the connection from your computer did end up reaching the Nike site. Additionally, the error message you received was from the Nike website itself, so if there was a routing problem on our network - you would typically see a generic message (site cannot be found, page cannot be displayed, etc) instead of one from Nike.

At this point, your best option would be to contact Nike customer support with the session and Event ID outlined in the error message for further assistance.

I do apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again. We are available via phone @ 1-888-472-2222, and via live chat from our website www.shaw.ca .

Regards,

Sam #9923  Customer Service, eCare National

0 Kudos

shaw-shaun
Shaw Squad

We'll need a trace route or ping to the website as a good start. It looks like you've already provided those details and screen shots in your previous conversation with Sam.

As long as it was done correctly, changing the DNS should work.

0 Kudos

milkshaker
Grasshopper

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

I still can't buy anything from Nike website or go to a product pages...

I need someone to fix my wifi connection. 

Why am I able to connect to Nike website fully on my FIDO network? 

Under Shaw internet, I just can't do anything.

Please help.

0 Kudos

milkshaker
Grasshopper

Here's the reply from Nike below,

so I cleared the cache and cookies on Safari, Chrome, Firefox but no luck on Shaw internet. >>> I can go a few pages then I get an error message if I tried to go to Mens or Boys category or any single product page.  I wonder why I can see a few pages as well but not all the pages.

At the same time, if I use FIDO network, everything works fine.

This tells me there's an issue with Shaw Internet. 

Do I need to change the modem to a new one???

or

Please let me know what to do in order to be able to order products from Nike.

Thank you.

------

Response Via Email (Marlita)    07/31/2018 04:47 PM
Hi Shin,

Good day!

We have received a feedback that you are experiencing an error online.

Nike.com is designed to provide an optimal online experience and the error you encountered is truly not the kind of experience we wish you to have with us.

While we realized you've been trying to place an order for the last few days, we hope you can try optimizing your browser by clearing the cache and cookies. Otherwise, kindly use a different browser to place the order. Since our technical teams verified there aren't any reported issues on Nike.com, we submitted a ticket for further investigation. Rest assured we will keep you informed and updated via e-mail.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to respond to this e-mail.

Sincerely,

Nike.com

0 Kudos

shaw-don

Hello milkshaker 

Changing the modem wouldn't make any difference. I went to the Nike site and was able to navigate their site with no difficulty. Do you have another device you can try testing to see if you get the same issue?

0 Kudos

milkshaker
Grasshopper

Hi

As I mentioned before, I have been testing with iMac (Safari, Chrome, FireFox), iPad, iPhone.  Same result all the time.

***I can go to a few pages (choosing country Canada, then English) then when I tried to go "Boys" category or try to go individual product pages, I get this message. (some pages are showing up properly but some pages are error and it's very random)

nike_Cart_handleJCartResponse({ "exceptions": [{ "property": "catalogRefId", "errorcode": "noItemsToAddInStock", "message": "Sorry, this item isn't available anymore because other shoppers added it to their carts first. But if they don't check out in the next few minutes, you've still got a chance. Please try again shortly.

" }], "status": "failure", "order": { "id": "dummy", "objType": "order", "itemQuantity": 0 } });

It doesn't happen at my work (telus internet) or FIDO (LTE network).

It happens only on my home with Shaw internet...

Isn't this Shaw Internet problem??? and it's been over 2 weeks.

This okay after I choose Country and Language

Once I click on "BOYS" category, this error message shows up.

0 Kudos

shaw-don

Thank you. If it was something with our network, it would affect everyone not just you. I followed the same steps you noted, selecting Canada, English, then going to Boys and had no problem. I also tested selecting individual product pages, even selecting products and had no problems. I would recommend contacting Nike as noted specifically in the error.

I do see you have contacted them once before and they created a ticket to look into the issue further, so they may have an update regarding that. 

0 Kudos

milkshaker
Grasshopper

Hi Shaw-don,

Thank you for your reply.

As I mentioned before, I already contacted Nike.

Then why I have no issue with Telus or FIDO network?  

I believer that it's something on my home Shaw internet.

I am glad to hear you can see the Nike website with no issue but the fact is I get error message last 2 weeks...

Can I have someone to come over to check at my house?

It seems like I have received same answers over and over that doesn't resolve my issue at all.

I just want to be able to shop something from Nike website under Shaw internet.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help