I receivedf an "ungent notification from Shaw asking me t...

Ja32
Grasshopper

I receivedf an "ungent notification from Shaw asking me to telephone them before May 15, 2023.  The phone number given is never answered one is just put on hold.  So how do I get in touch with shaw as they asked me to.

0 Kudos

-- at what time of day are you trying to telephone Shaw?...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Ja32 -- at what time of day are you trying to telephone Shaw? 

If you call late in the evening, does somebody in a 24/7 Shaw Call Centre, in the Maritimes, answer?

0 Kudos

oh yes, and they have the nerve to offer a call back, if...

blueeyes333
Grasshopper

oh yes, and they have the nerve to offer a call back, if the waiting time is too long - well, I went for it and indeed, about 35 minutes  later got an automated callback asking if  am ready to talk to representative - Press !. Which i did and guess what, I got put on hold with the never ending message look telling me how great the new Shaw/Roger relation is, well after anothe 45 minutes on holding on I given up and hung up. It is truly hard. to believe.

0 Kudos

Well, when I call them and actually got to talk to someon...

blueeyes333
Grasshopper

Well, when I call them and actually got to talk to someone, complaining I cannot get onto ON DEMAND service, they told me my Motorola Box is too old and I need to get a new one. But surprisingly little later it worked again just fine.

New box arrived - with self connect instructions and it has been a problem ever since. No signal at time getting to TV, the remote does not accept the any of the codes or methods to program my Home Theatre receiver. The picture went away again, but before then it took about 25 seconds for it to come onto the screen of the TV. never had any issue with the old box using the same TV, the same HDMI connections etc.

Technician is coming tomorrow and hopefully he will have a new box or I will cancel the whole service and switch to TELUS.

Technology? Why are all these issues not sorted out before making any changes?  Terrible customer service - but one cannot blame the poor souls listening to us whine on the phone, not their fault. Who can one talk to?!?

0 Kudos

-- Did Rogers/Shaw have a "scheduled outage of some servi...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@blueeyes333 -- Did Rogers/Shaw have a "scheduled outage of some services" at the date/time that you tried to connect to the On Demand service?

Check: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/service-updates-outages/tkb-p/service-updates

for your region.

Yes, your Motorola box is old. Over the years, Shaw "retired" older boxes, replacing them, at no additional cost to the customer, a newer box.

See: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/about-legacy-tv-box-upgrade-program/ta-p/9242

because Shaw "retired" two TV boxes earlier this month.

Note that any "first-time" connection of a box to their network takes 30 to 60 minutes for it to "call home" to activate itself.  Is that what you experienced?

the remote does not accept the any of the codes or methods to program my Home Theatre receiver.

Presumably, your old remote still works with that receiver?  This implies that you programmed that old remote, and implies that you need to similarly program the new remote.

What is the manufacturer & model-number of your Home Theater Receiver? With that information, a Google-search should find a code that works with your new remote.

See: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/equipment-info-shaw-motorola-tv-box-dcx3200-m/ta-p/6567

for a description of one of those Motorola boxes -- the DCX 3200 -- that Shaw has "retired".

0 Kudos

Same here -seems to put you in a never ending loop 🙁

Clairespector11
Grasshopper

Same here -seems to put you in a never ending loop 🙁

0 Kudos

-- have you tried using Shaw Chat to communicate with Sha...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Clairespector11 -- have you tried using Shaw Chat to communicate with Shaw Support, instead of the telephone?

Note that the Rogers/Shaw store-fronts do not offer technical support -- they handle new/changing/ending subscriptions. If you have a "billing" question, the store-front staff can help.

Please describe your issue.  Maybe, the volunteer participants on this discussion forum can help.

never-ending loop

Is there any other type of loop?   🙂  --- "to infinity and beyond!", if you are a fan of Buzz Light Year.  🙂

0 Kudos

Yes, I also have the same problem.    What kind of servic...

LoisSmith
Grasshopper

Yes, I also have the same problem.    What kind of service is this?      Do they think we know how to fix WiFi   which keeps cutting off

0 Kudos

-- Do they think we know how to fix WiFi   which keeps cu...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LoisSmith -- Do they think we know how to fix WiFi   which keeps cutting off ...

No. That's why you call Shaw Support [1-888-472-2222] to get them to guide you through the problem.

Their advice may include shipping a different cable-modem to you, if they think that the WiFi part of your current cable-modem is having an intermittent problem.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help