Wait!What?   ,  ok I was going to not read these threads...

g-idk
Master

Wait!What?  @Sadman ,  ok I was going to not read these threads anymore, but yet here I am.  I thought the cancellation charges were based on $20 per month for the remaining months left on the contract, so even if you had 23 months left it should be a $460.00 plus of course any outstanding balance you might have with them, were your monthly charges all up to date.  That is an incredible increase in amount.  What is the explanation given to you, I'm presuming you have now talked to someone at shaw, or have you just received a new bill, if so is there any type of explanation in the bill details.  Stay Safe.   

0 Kudos

-- last Tuesday, you wrote $450: I just got a new job! In...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Sadman -- last Tuesday, you wrote $450:

I just got a new job! In a little town called Penny.  

Fantastic!

Other than the fact that Shaw doesn’t service that area.

Now I have to pay a cancellation fee of 450$ even though they won’t provide me with service?  

How did it get to $1350, as you claimed on Saturday?

0 Kudos

No clue right now.  Just got the email last night. 400 fo...

Sadman
Grasshopper

No clue right now.  Just got the email last night. 400 for cancellation and 550 (before taxes) for service charges. Maybe it’s what is owed on the equipment before it gets returned 

But good news! “Your voice” called me!  An automated messaging telling me to try and contact “your voice” in response to my email trying to contact them.  

0 Kudos

But there was no response to my response email🤦‍♂️

Sadman
Grasshopper

But there was no response to my response email🤦‍♂️

0 Kudos

This is an anti-competition issue. All service providers...

Rendle
Grasshopper

This is an anti-competition issue. All service providers focus on 2 year contract plans. Consumers have very few alternative options for internet services. There should be a clause in the contract that allows consumers to switch providers without excessive charges or penalties.

It is not a requirement to sign up for a 2 year service a...

rstra
Grand Master

@Rendle 

It is not a requirement to sign up for a 2 year service agreement, there are also a few third party internet providers to choose from. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help