Not getting 500mbps I'm paying for

Yamahaha
Grasshopper

Since signing up I havent gotten 500 mbps. First modem was generally in the 200's. Then a tech switched modems and it was 500 while he was here but that lasted a few hours and it was 100. Then support did a foctory reset over the phone and I was at 400 for almost a day ... only to drop to 100 and thats been consistent since. Sometimes 50, but usually 100 - 125mbps. 

So its pretty clear the moden switch is limiting or shaw is. There is no other reason a factory reset brings the speed back only to have it drop hald a day later. 

So another tech is coming but thats it for me. Because the installer and the last guy here were saying stupid things like "its not so much speed but bandwidth" .... no, you charge more by teir of mbps. Stop charging that way if you cannot deliver.

Shaw acts like this is news but I got faster speeds in my old place in Alberta with a way cheaper plan. SHaw upsold me when I moved to BC to this 500 mbps like its the minimum required today. Total BS as they cannot deliver it. Its been 4 months now. So breach of contract. I also had some awful support calls. 

I havent gotten what I paid for since signing up and all Shaw wants is $$$. My concerns mean nothing to them.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

If you mean you're not getting 500mb WIFI make sure you c...

plusmce
Grasshopper

If you mean you're not getting 500mb WIFI make sure you can change channel bandwidth to 160hz , 500mb means when you plug ethernet to your pc not wifi .

0 Kudos

Yamahaha
Grasshopper

0 Kudos

Please don't post for help here if you don't know what yo...

plusmce
Grasshopper

Please don't post for help here if you don't know what you asking

0 Kudos

Are these slow speeds over wifi or ethernet? How old is y...

rickatk
Master

Are these slow speeds over wifi or ethernet? How old is your gear. What atre the specs on your router. WiFi is definitely a limiter to speed. Ethernet connection is always better for determining your service download speed. Good WiFi should be able to give you 500Mbps barring any setup problems and incapable wifi on your end. Contact Shaw and ask for the device to be reprovisioned. This often gets overlooked in the setup on their end.

0 Kudos

This guy * yamahaha* he doesn't know what he asking for,...

plusmce
Grasshopper

This guy * yamahaha* he doesn't know what he asking for, just leave him alone and let him wait for shaw support team

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help