Jump to solution

Obstruction of E-Mail Receipt?

denisn
Grasshopper

First I'll state I don't know if shaw is actually doing this, and if so, I suspect it's some sort of false trigger for spam protection.

I'm a software/game developer. I'm working from home and in order to sign in to my Unreal Engine account I get a security code e-mailed to me with each sign-in attempt.  Recently I stopped getting those e-mails. I already had filters in place to ensure those messages were getting to me and getting to where I could immediately find them. 

As part of my trouble shooting I disabled all of my filters so I could see if it was hitting my on-pc-client at all; It (the e-mail) wasn't. I then went onto web-mail site,  None of those e-mails were present at all. This leads me to believe that they aren't even hitting the mail server.

I got into contact with Epic Games support. Had them manually send a security code e-mail (or try to)  All direct support exchanges go through just fine, Any time they try to send me a security code; nothing.

Is there another facet to e-mail via shaw where I might not even see a message hit my account at all, even though it was sent?   Epic Games is investigating on their end, I am checking my e-mails on a freshly formatted PC, with no additional software so I have a clean environment to troubleshoot from.  it just looks like the messages never hit my inbox. Even as 'spam'.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: Obstruction of E-Mail Receipt?

denisn
Grasshopper

Contacted support via Twitter; Christian investigated the issue for me and we were able to rule Shaw out as a part of the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jump to solution

Re: Obstruction of E-Mail Receipt?

denisn
Grasshopper

Contacted support via Twitter; Christian investigated the issue for me and we were able to rule Shaw out as a part of the issue.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help