Glad to know that's already been sorted out for you! 👍

shaw-ada

@netconsumer Glad to know that's already been sorted out for you! 👍

@netconsumer wrote:

Thanks Ada. I had reviewed my mail settings numerous times. I spent a few days researching and trying everything that seemed legitimate. Finally, it is working, but I have no idea what did it.

0 Kudos

DO you have instructions for the office 2021 version that...

mormerod
Grasshopper

DO you have instructions for the office 2021 version that's not 365?

0 Kudos

-- have you tried these instructions: How To: Use Shaw In...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mormerod -- have you tried these instructions: How To: Use Shaw Internet services with Microsoft products

?

There should be only tiny differences between Outlook 2016, Outlook 2019, and Outlook 2021. After that many years, one hopes that they don't need any changes between versions.

0 Kudos

Thank you so much - we have been struggling with this for...

Bel1
Grasshopper

Thank you so much - we have been struggling with this for several years now.  Followed your step by step and all my husband's emails are showing up now.  Thanks for taking the time to walk us through it step by step!

0 Kudos

To set up Shaw email with Microsoft Outlook 365 using Act...

overstitch
Grasshopper

To set up Shaw email with Microsoft Outlook 365 using ActiveSync, the set up is a bit off the beaten path.

1. Click on Start and type "Control Panel" (without the quotes)
  2. Toggle the view (upper right corner) to Small icons
  3. Double click "Mail (Microsoft Outlook)"
  4. At the "Mail Setup - Outlook" Dialog, click on the "Email Accounts..." button
  5. You will now see a familiar "Email Accounts" dialog - don't panic!
  6. Click on "New..." on the Email tab
  7. You will now see the old "Add Account" dialog, click the radio button beside "Manual setup or additional server types" and click the Next button
  8. You will now see "Choose Your Account Type", on this page, click the radio button beside "Exchange ActiveSync" and click Next.
  9. You will now be on the server settings page, here you fill out everything as per the Shaw documentation (Mail Server: wm.shaw.ca, user name as your email address without the @shaw.ca part and set the other settings as desired.) then click Next.
  10. Outlook will now test the connection, once it is finished, click Close on the dialog and finally Finish.

That is how you set up Outlook 365 to use ActiveSync with Shaw Email.

I have stumbled around for 2 weeks trying to get Outlook...

phinneg
Grasshopper

I have stumbled around for 2 weeks trying to get Outlook 365 to connect to Shaw's exchange server and got nothing but errors. Shaw support was useless. Despite shaw having settings posted on their pages their tech reps only knew how to disavow any knowledge of outlook - very frustrating. The issue seems to be that in Outlook 365 microsoft automated the setup of adding new accounts and there is no opportunity to enter the correct server (wm.shaw.ca) as the exchange server. Microsoft automation apparently uses a process called Autodiscover to look for the right server. If it cant find it, you get an error message and no connection. Grasshopper's Steps to setup Office 365.pdf provide another way to get into the setup screens where you CAN enter the settings manually and they worked! Thank you grasshopper!

I managedto get shae webmail to sync to outlook - however...

BCBuddy
Grasshopper

I managedto get shae webmail to sync to outlook - however if a message is deleted in webmail it also gets deleted from outlook... is there a way to keep messages in outlook but delete in webmail (to free up space on the server and avoid the 'quota full' messages?

0 Kudos

-- if a message is deleted in webmail it also gets delete...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@BCBuddy -- if a message is deleted in webmail it also gets deleted from outlook... is there a way to keep messages in outlook but delete in webmail (to free up space on the server and avoid the 'quota full' messages?

Yes, there is. See my reply to the other (identical) question that you posted.

0 Kudos

Hi there, BCBuddy.   Did you resolve this problem?  I hav...

Markxx
Grasshopper

Hi there, BCBuddy.   Did you resolve this problem?  I have the same pain as you have written.  I believe that Shaw has jigged it this way for some reason, but at the same time I wonder why for example, the Sent Items does not disappear in the local mailbox.

0 Kudos

wrote: Sent Items does not disappear in the local mailbox...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Markxx wrote: Sent Items does not disappear in the local mailbox.

Does, or does not?

Are you sending through Outlook, or sending through Shaw WebMail?

Have you configured Outlook to synchronize with the "Sent" folder on the Shaw mail-server?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help