Outlook 365 - how to keep messages in outlook but delete from server

BCBuddy
Grasshopper

Outlook 365 - how to keep messages in outlook but delete from server.

I keep getting the 'full quota' message so set up an outlook 365 account and linked my Shaw webmail to it.

All works but if I delete a message from webmail it also deletes from outlook... not a lot of point in that!

Labels (1)
3 Replies

-- I keep getting the 'full quota' message Open your "De...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@BCBuddy -- I keep getting the 'full quota' message 

Open your "Deleted Items" folder, and delete everything from it, to free-up some space within your quota.

Also, Outlook can create "local folders" -- folders that exist only within your local "Documents" folder. Move E-mail messages from Shaw's mail-server into a local folder.  This action also frees-up some space within your quota.  But, of course, to be safe, backup those local folders.

Also, within Shaw WebMail, find an E-mail message with an attachment, open the message, and download the attachment into your "Documents" folder. Then, while the message is still open, "remove" the attachment, and close the message.  The message will still be available, but the now-removed attachment does not count against your quota.

0 Kudos

I have cleared all I can from the server, how do I get th...

BCBuddy
Grasshopper

I have cleared all I can from the server, how do I get the webmail messages to go to the local folder?

copy and paste.. or is there an automatic way?

0 Kudos

-- how do I get the Webmail messages to go to the local f...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@BCBuddy -- how do I get the Webmail messages to go to the local folder?

You may select multiple messages ("click" and/or "CTRL-click") and then use "drag-and-drop".

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help