Jump to solution

Overhead cable placement

brucered
Grasshopper

We are having some trees removed in our yard.  Once removed, the existing cable will be visibly low and running directly in our yard where we want to plant a smaller, better placed tree.

Will Shaw move the line if requested, to be closer to the property line, rather than in the middle of the yard?

I am assuming the other cable is MTS, who I have already submitted a request to remove their line as we have neve had MTS services.

Winnipeg

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Shaw may be able to raise the drop if it is too low, but...

rstra
Grand Master

Shaw may be able to raise the drop if it is too low, but they are limited by the location of the tap and your service mast on the house. If the drop is just hooked on to your house, they may be able to run the drop to another part of the house and then run a line back to your CSE. Best bet is to call them and have a technician come out and take a look. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jump to solution

Shaw may be able to raise the drop if it is too low, but...

rstra
Grand Master

Shaw may be able to raise the drop if it is too low, but they are limited by the location of the tap and your service mast on the house. If the drop is just hooked on to your house, they may be able to run the drop to another part of the house and then run a line back to your CSE. Best bet is to call them and have a technician come out and take a look. 

Jump to solution

Thanks. Once the current trees are removed, I'll give the...

brucered
Grasshopper

Thanks.

Once the current trees are removed, I'll give them a call and have someone come take a proper look and see what can be done.

Just to be clear, it does attach to the corner of our house (just under roof), but where it strings to the street, it crosses the middle of the yard and would make more sense for it to run down the property line for aesthetics and futureproofing trees etc.

If it ran perpendicular from where it enters my house to the street, it would be down the property line, where I want it and makes the most sense.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- look where your immediate neighbours' Shaw-cable(s) co...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@brucered -- look where your immediate neighbours' Shaw-cable(s) connect to a Shaw box that is close to the telephone-pole.

Your Shaw service has to connect to that box -- Shaw cannot "tap" the Shaw line that spans from one telephone-pole to the next telephone-pole.

For me, that are 4 houses (2 on my side of the street, and 2 on the other side of the street) that have cables that meet at that one Shaw box.

You are not likely to get a new telephone-pole added that aligns with your property-line.

Do your electric company's power-lines connect along your property-line, or also to that "middle" point (between two telephone-poles) ?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help