Pausing Shaw Streaming TV Boxes Use to Work But Don't Anymore

norml1
Grasshopper

I used to be able to disable internet to my shaw TV boxes (ARRIS AX061AE1) using the Shaw BlueCurve Home app but now it doesn't work. I select the TV device connected to the Bluecurve Gateway, select the the "Pause All Devices" button, choose "Until I Unpause" radio button and "Apply Changes". It returns with a giant green checkmark in a circle with "All Devices Paused" but the TV box is still streaming TV video and there is no double bar (||) pause icon showing for the TV device in the app. Same thing happens with the other pause options (30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours).

Has this feature been disabled or is there something wrong with my app or device? I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Shaw Home app.

Labels (1)
4 Replies

Pausing Internet

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@norml1 -- Do you have a "Smart-TV" that has an Internet connection (wired or WiFi), so that you can use apps, such as Crave and Netflix, on your TV? Does "pausing" the Internet connection to the TV make it impossible for those apps to use the Internet?

, no I don't have a SmartTV, just a Shaw wireless TV play...

norml1
Grasshopper

@mdk, no I don't have a SmartTV, just a Shaw wireless TV player box connected to the TV. About a year or so ago, I was able to pause whatever live TV show the box was streaming using the BlueCurve app because it would cut off the video data streaming to the box (my guess). But now, this no longer happens as the app seems to not be able to pause the TV device because the app is not showing that is paused at all no matter how many times I try to pause it.

This seems to be a behavioural change from before and my question is whether this is intentional or not?

-- a Shaw wireless TV player box  That wireless box commu...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@norml1 -- a Shaw wireless TV player box 

That wireless box communicates wirelessly with your BlueCurve, but it is not connecting via the SSID that your own devices use to connect -- it connects via a "hidden" SSID. So, when you click "pause", which SSID is affected?

> my question is whether this is intentional or not?

That is a question for Shaw to answer. Perhaps, @rstra can contribute his technical knowledge ?

I’m looking for this answer too. I want to have the abili...

Derksen415
Grasshopper

I’m looking for this answer too. I want to have the ability to pause my tv boxes theough the app back!

TALK TO US
We're here to help