Jump to solution

Penalty for cancelling service

wmyoung
Grasshopper

What will my penalty be in $$  per month for cancelling my s service before expiry  date  (2.5 months) of my two year plan .Because I WILL be cancelling  and not because of moving . 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

I meant two point five months left on my blue sky tv/inte...

wmyoung
Grasshopper

I meant two point five months left on my blue sky tv/internet package . 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

2 months left will be 40 to cancel, but if you cancel aft...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

2 months left will be 40 to cancel, but if you cancel after you bill or right on the bill date they will give huge credit for two months that would eat most of the fee, that what i did with mine.  i only ate bout 40 to fifty dollars of of my 140 fee to cancel.  

hope it helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
36 Replies
Jump to solution

I meant two point five months left on my blue sky tv/inte...

wmyoung
Grasshopper

I meant two point five months left on my blue sky tv/internet package . 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

2 months left will be 40 to cancel, but if you cancel aft...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

2 months left will be 40 to cancel, but if you cancel after you bill or right on the bill date they will give huge credit for two months that would eat most of the fee, that what i did with mine.  i only ate bout 40 to fifty dollars of of my 140 fee to cancel.  

hope it helps

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

we are thinking of doing the same shaw just suck now they...

buzz2019
Grasshopper

we are thinking of doing the same shaw just suck now they just don't give a crap  

we are paying for shaw 600  and been getting 120 to 250 down for the past 2 months 

Jump to solution

if you want to pay 220 to cancel the contract, it up to y...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

if you want to pay 220 to cancel the contract, it up to you, i would but 220 is a big chunk to pay.  i did with i got a huge credit to eat the 140 fee.  if you cancel the on the bill date it will eat the fee with credit.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I see you have a similar post here. We have responded acc...

shaw-tony

@buzz2019 I see you have a similar post here. We have responded accordingly.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

--  we are paying for Shaw 600  and been getting 120 to 2...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@buzz2019 --  we are paying for Shaw 600  and been getting 120 to 250 down for the past 2 months.

Any news since 2019/09/09 ?

When you contacted Shaw (online-chat or telephone) did the person remotely logon to your modem, and view its status, e.g., "signal strength" ?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I'm on internet 300 and getting speed of around 100. I sp...

SimonAitch
Grasshopper

I'm on internet 300 and getting speed of around 100. I spent 2 hours on line with a tech. He tested and reset my modem and in the end came to the conclusion it was my computer that was throttling back the speeds. I'm not tecchie so couldn't dispute this with him however my desktop is 1 year old and expensive, can't really see it's the computer at fault.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- check your hardware. Your expensive one-year-old compu...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@SimonAitch -- check your hardware.

Your expensive one-year-old computer needs a Ethernet network adapter that is capable of "10/100/1000" speeds, not just "10/100" Mbps, to achieve any speed faster than 100 Mbps.

Also, the Ethernet cable between your computer and Shaw's cable-modem has printing along its length. Be sure that the printing includes "CAT 5e" or "CAT 6", because "CAT 5" (without the "e") is only certified up to 100 Mbps.

Some computers have a WiFi network adapter. Be sure that this adapter supports the newest "AC" (high-speed) protocol, not any of the older/slower protocols ("N" or "G"), if you are using it.

Jump to solution

Have you tried speed tests using other devices?

rstra
Grand Master

Have you tried speed tests using other devices?

TALK TO US
We're here to help