Jump to solution

Plan available for just upgrading internet from 75 to 150?

pjscott
Grasshopper

Greetings. I am on some kind of bundle from years gone by, I have the Small TV package with about 4 channels and I have 75 Mbs internet.  I want to bump up the network speed a bit, and that's all. No phone - don't have it, don't want it.  No Bluecurve - don't have it, definitely don't want it. Don't want any more TV, don't have fibre. Everything's working fine, I'm just looking for a bit more bandwidth for a bit more $. All I see on the site are bundles that include Bluecurve and a lot more TV. Not going to do those, would rather stay on current plan forever. I have a prepaid modem.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Shaw currently offers 150 Mbps Internet service for $95 a...

Zeph
Grasshopper

Shaw currently offers 150 Mbps Internet service for $95 a month on a 2-year ValuePlan, or for $105 on a regular monthly basis as mentioned here.

https://www.shaw.ca/internet/plans#fibre-essentials

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jump to solution

Shaw currently offers 150 Mbps Internet service for $95 a...

Zeph
Grasshopper

Shaw currently offers 150 Mbps Internet service for $95 a month on a 2-year ValuePlan, or for $105 on a regular monthly basis as mentioned here.

https://www.shaw.ca/internet/plans#fibre-essentials

Jump to solution

-- I have 75 Mbps Internet All "new" Shaw customers seem...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@pjscott -- I have 75 Mbps Internet 

All "new" Shaw customers seem to get 300 Mbps service, at a minimum. As a current customer, you should contact Shaw (online chat or telephone) and ask for the same level of service. They may upgrade your service (probably needing to replace your current cable-modem by a HITRON) for about the same monthly cost.

> don't have fibre

Yes, you do, in a way.

Shaw's marketing department has noticed that Telus is using the word "fibre", so Shaw rebranded their services as "Fibre+", meaning fibre-optic cable within their infrastructure, and coaxial-cable for "the last mile" into your home.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help