"SORRY, SOMETHING WENT WRONG" error when accessing my account.

Bolld
Grasshopper

I am getting the error below whenever I access my account.

"Sorry, Something went wrong.

We're sorry for the inconvenience. Don't worry, your account information is secure.

Try refreshing the page. If you get this message again, it means we're fixing something. Please try again later or contact us."

I tried diff browsers and computers but it gave me the same error.

Labels (2)
17 Replies

-- 6 hours ago  That would be about 4 AM Mountain time. S...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Bolld -- 6 hours ago 

That would be about 4 AM Mountain time. Shaw publishes a schedule of overnight nationwide outages of some of their services, such as "My Shaw".

Now, do you still have the problem?

0 Kudos

Shaw can you fix this problem?

bwphilipow
Grasshopper

Shaw can you fix this problem?

0 Kudos

-- Shaw can you fix this problem? Welcome to this peer-to...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bwphilipow -- Shaw can you fix this problem?

Welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help. This forum is NOT a path to Shaw Support: 1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat

Yes, Shaw has competent employees who can fix problems within their "back-end" servers, but Shaw will need some details from you:

• are you a brand-new Shaw customer, having some "initial" problems?
  • exactly what error-message do you see?
  • do you get the error-message 100% of the time?
  • do you get the error-message when using Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari?
  • do you get the error-message only on one of your devices (desktop, iPad, iPhone)?
  • at what date & time & time-zone do you get the error-message? Between midnight & 6 AM (Mountain), i.e., during an announced and scheduled regional/national outage?
  • do you have a friend who can try to do what you are trying to do?  Do they get the same result?
  • where do you live? It might be a "regional" issue.

The more information that you provide to Shaw, the better the assistance will be.

Remember that Shaw wants to fix your issue, to keep you as a monthly-paying customer.

0 Kudos

Sorry, something went wrong. We're sorry for the inconven...

rajoo
Grasshopper

Sorry, something went wrong.

We're sorry for the inconvenience. Don't worry, your account information is secure.

Try refreshing the page. If you get this message again, it means we're fixing something. Please try again later or contact us.

Still happening, unable to view account details

Last week this issue was reported to technical support, however, no compliance received.

Please fix this asap

0 Kudos

, the problem might be with your account (ie. shaw id. pa...

g-idk
Master

@rajoo , the problem might be with your account (ie. shaw id. password) because I just signed in and viewed my account like 2 mins ago with no issues, just to make sure I even cleared all cookies and cache and that way shaw had to send me a new verification code for me to sign in, I immediately received the email and typed in the code and was granted access back to my account, so the problem isn't with the website.  Looks like you might have to get ahold of Shaw Support again via phone/chat/social media messenger to figure out what the problem might be.  Oh and I'm using latest windows 10 with latest Edge browser if that makes any difference.  Sorry that I can't help more than that, but the site is working.    

Thank you for responding. I have already through the proc...

rajoo
Grasshopper

Thank you for responding.

I have already through the process multiple times - not only with edge but also with firefox - same results.

I did go through with it again - just now. Same results all over again.

Hopefully Shaw (my payments for this 'service' are up to date, no amount is outstanding), will one day get around to fixing this issue

0 Kudos

Hi  , just a question for you.  When you talk or chat/mes...

g-idk
Master

Hi @rajoo , just a question for you.  When you talk or chat/messenger with Shaw Support and you explain to them that you cannot sign into your account, what is their response? Are they making sure that your Shaw ID sign in is correct and that your password is also correct?  Maybe someone tried to access your account and they have locked it down until you can verify.  This is probably a stupid question but have you cleared all your previous cookies and cache from your browser, you need to change your selection to all time or everything depending on browser so all of your previous cookies from Shaw will be deleted, not just for the past 24hrs or even week but all of them, then restart browser.  Fingers crossed for you.  

0 Kudos

Again - thank you for the quick response.  Actually I was...

rajoo
Grasshopper

Again - thank you for the quick response.  Actually I was on the phone with Shaw's tech support,  they admitted it could be a temporary glitch, but it's still happening.  I only wish Shaw could resolve this instead of leaving onus on you/me to try to figure out what's wrong.

0 Kudos

, fair enough, I hear you!  Hope it all gets straightened...

g-idk
Master

@rajoo , fair enough, I hear you!  Hope it all gets straightened out for you.  Maybe someone else will chime in with other ideas.   

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help