QUOTA WARNINGS.

carol14
Grasshopper

I HAVE DELETED EVERYTHING I CAN THROUGH SHAW WEBMAIL AND I'M STILL GETTING TH

Labels (1)
3 Replies

Within Shaw WebMail, point your mouse at the "Trash" fold...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Within Shaw WebMail, point your mouse at the "Trash" folder, and wait for a pop-up that says something like "666 items, 777 MB" ?

Click to open that folder, and then delete everything. Click "yes" to the "Permanently Delete?" prompt.

I've been getting this message for months now I've delete...

dirtdiggingdeb
Grasshopper

I've been getting this message for months now I've deleted from the server and from my desktop.  I also get the message to one of my alternative addresses not my main one.  And the message does not change. This is getting really irritating. If it's a scram please explain that that is what it is. If it is a scam why can't Shaw stop it. I'm almost ready to leave Shaw. Spotty service the past few months. Chunky video download and SLOw uploads.  My Shaw to go never works. To time say goodbye after many many years?  I did call in and speak to someone on the phone and she walked me through what to do and it has not changed  

can someone answer with facts? 

0 Kudos

> I've been getting this message for months now I've dele...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> I've been getting this message for months now I've deleted from the server and from my desktop.  

Logon to Shaw WebMail.

Access your "sent messages" folder on the server, and delete some of the larger messages -- WebMail allows you to sort the messages in a folder by the "size" of each message.

After that, did you access the "junk mail" folder, and delete everything from it?

> I also get the message to one of my alternative addresses not my main one.  And the message does not change. 

Same recommendation, as above.

> If it's a scram please explain that that is what it is.

It is NOT likely to be such.

> If it is a scam why can't Shaw stop it.

Shaw does filter each message, looking for "I need help getting $4.4 million out of Africa" type of scams.

> Spotty service the past few months. Chunky video download and SLOw uploads.  

What level of service are you paying to Shaw to get? "Internet 5" ? "Internet 25" ? "Internet 300", "Fibre+ Gigabit" ?

Connect your computer to your cable-modem, run the Shaw SpeedTest, and tell us the numbers.

Get a friend to bring their laptop to your home, and use an Ethernet cable to connect it to your cable-modem, and get them to run the same test, and tell us the numbers.

> My Shaw to go never works.

What error-message do you get? What symptoms?

Can you successfully logon to My Shaw, with your Shaw ID and its password?

Can you successfully logon to Shaw Webmail, with your E-mail ID and its password?

If so, the same ID/password should work with Shaw Go WiFi.

> Time say goodbye after many many years?  

Your choice, of course. If you have signed-up for a "two-year Value Plan", there will be financial consequences for an early termination of that contract.  But, when a TELUS sales-team came to my front-door (pre-COVID) they offered to "buy me out" of my contract, if I switched.

However, if you are having computer problems, and WiFi problems, switching to TELUS is unlikely to fix those problems.

> I did call in and speak to someone on the phone and she walked me through what to do

What was recommended? What did you try?

Did the technician remotely logon to your cable-modem, to trouble-shoot it?

> can someone answer with facts? 

I have tried, but with only your "qualitative" details, instead of "quantitative" details, it is difficult to trouble-shoot.

Can you find a local "owner/operator" computer shop, and take your computer to that location, and pay for an hour's worth of trouble-shooting?

TALK TO US
We're here to help