Jump to solution

Perhaps you should also explain that this program is not...

Lindaloo21
Grasshopper

Perhaps you should also explain that this program is not compatible with Edge so if you, like I, do not have this option on the left hand list of options, change your browser. I went to Firefox and could then follow these instructions. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Are you using the mobile version of webmail? If so, switc...

rstra
Grand Master

@Lindaloo21 Are you using the mobile version of webmail? If so, switch to a desktop version and see if the options show up.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

No - just using laptop with Edge as default....this is no...

Lindaloo21
Grasshopper

No - just using laptop with Edge as default....this is not compatible with the Shaw Webmail Export function. I though others might  find this information useful!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Where do you find this “Export” feature on Shaw Webmail.

chrisfitch
Grasshopper

Where do you find this “Export” feature on Shaw Webmail. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I couldn’t find it either using my IPhone. I had to log i...

chrisfitch
Grasshopper

I couldn’t find it either using my IPhone. I had to log in on my laptop to see it. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I found it using my laptop.  The preferences listing on t...

chrisfitch
Grasshopper

I found it using my laptop.  The preferences listing on the left doesn’t show up when using my IPhone 11 even though I tried using different views ( ie thin, Microsoft, generic). 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks for your feedback! Some features may not be visibl...

shaw-ada

Thanks for your feedback! Some features may not be visible/available on a mobile view. However, its full functionality can be accessed via https://webmail.shaw.ca/ on a full desktop/laptop.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I'm looking to do this, but says the filers will "Tar-GZi...

Popil
Grasshopper

I'm looking to do this, but says the filers will "Tar-GZipped so they can be imported back into the system". Does this mean the e-mails can only be put back into Shaw, and nowhere else?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

--  Does this mean the e-mails can only be put back into...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Popil --  Does this mean the e-mails can only be put back into Shaw, and nowhere else?

Both "TAR" and "G(nu)ZIP" are tools most-commonly found on UNIX/LINUX systems.

However, "only" is not the correct word to use, but it probably requires much more computer knowledge to un-GZIP and un-TAR that archive, to reformat the messages for import into any E-mail client other than Shaw's WebMail.

On your computer, some E-mail clients allow you to create/use multiple "local storage folders" -- folders that exist only on your "C:" drive.

Just drag-and-drop messages from Shaw's mail-server into those folders. This action removes the messages from Shaw's mail-server, thus freeing-up space within your Shaw "quota" of space.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have a local storage folder on my C drive but I cannot...

LBQ
Grasshopper

I have a local storage folder on my C drive but I cannot move my webmail message into this folder. Please help.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help