scan to email

hhutch
Grasshopper

When on your printer you scan to email where does it go to ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

> where does it go? Presumably, you have configured the n...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> where does it go?

Presumably, you have configured the network settings inside the printer to send the file to Shaw's "outgoing" mail-server, namely "smtp.shaw.ca".

Also, you need to specify the E-mail ID that is to receive the E-mail message, either once for all files, or once per image scanned.

I came here looking for someone to tell me what those set...

taz56
Grasshopper

I came here looking for someone to tell me what those settings are. Can someone walk a "know nothing" through this?

I have a Lexmark all in one printer and I want to be able to scan to e-mail from it. I am a Shaw customer so the Shaw settings apply to me.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

> I have a Lexmark all in one printer and I want to be ab...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> I have a Lexmark all in one printer and I want to be able to scan to e-mail from it.

If your printer is connected (Ethernet cable or wireless) to your Shaw cable-modem, all you need to do is to "one-time" configure its "outgoing mail-server" to use the name "smtp.shaw.ca".

Every time you select "scan-to-Email", you must enter the E-mail ID of the recipient (which could be your Shaw ID).

Or, launch the ":Windows Fax and Scan" utility on your computer. It will connect to your All-In-One printer.  As you run this program, it will scan your document, and save "pictures" onto your computer.  Then, you can attach the picture(s) to an E-mail, and send the E-mail.

TALK TO US
We're here to help