Sending Email from Outside Canada

CurleyQ
Grasshopper

When I travel in Europe or elsewhere, Shaw routinely locks out my email account.  I have asked Shaw Tech Support if I can use Webmail to get around this problem because logging in to a Shaw server should avoid the "danger" of email coming form some "shady" European address.  But I was advised that Webmail will not help; my account will still be locked.  Has anybody had success in keeping their Shaw mail alive while they are travelling in Europe or elsewhere?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Chat in to Rogers and see about getting your email unlock...

rstra
Grand Master

@CurleyQ  Chat in to Rogers and see about getting your email unlocked, then just use Webmail exclusively when travelling, or, better yet, get a third party email account.

0 Kudos

wrote the "danger" of email coming form some "shady" Euro...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@CurleyQ wrote the "danger" of email coming form some "shady" European address.

Providers like Yahoo and GMail are not "shady". Their web-mail interfaces encrypt everything leaving your computer (ID, password, et cetera), thus making it safe to connect, even going through an (alleged) "shady" Internet provider.

How complicated is your Shaw WebMail password? Upper-case, lower-case, numeric, special characters, not forming a word in any known language ?  A Dutch-speaking friend told me that his monolingual friend accidentally created a password that was a proper word in the Dutch language. Oops! 🙂

0 Kudos