Jump to solution

Setting up a up address to pass through ports

scypheroth
Grasshopper

Hey guys I need to add an IP address of my local game server on my computer that has a separate IP address associated to it but runs off my computer to my router and allow two ports opened on it so it can be seen from the world to other players. 

I currently have the two ports opened on my computers assigned IP address from the blue curve router but it’s still not allowing my server to get out so I need to allow the IP address of my server program that is running on my computer to use the ports of the router.

so basically what I’m saying is I need to add another IP address and port forwarding and set up two ports for that IP address but that IP address is not detected on my router is there any way of adding it.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

-- every Shaw Internet customer is allowed to have TWO pu...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@scypheroth -- every Shaw Internet customer is allowed to have TWO public IP-addresses -- one for the Shaw router, and one "passing-through" the router to a designated Ethernet port on your game-server. You probably have to contact Shaw to get provisioned for the 2nd public  IP-address. There is no additional monthly-cost to have the second IP-address added to your Shaw account.

The second IP-address is not "filtered" by the Shaw router -- all incoming TCP/IP traffic will reach your game-server.  So, to be "secure" on the Internet, be sure that the firewall software on your game-server "closes" all the incoming ports, except for the two ports that you need to have "open".

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jump to solution

-- every Shaw Internet customer is allowed to have TWO pu...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@scypheroth -- every Shaw Internet customer is allowed to have TWO public IP-addresses -- one for the Shaw router, and one "passing-through" the router to a designated Ethernet port on your game-server. You probably have to contact Shaw to get provisioned for the 2nd public  IP-address. There is no additional monthly-cost to have the second IP-address added to your Shaw account.

The second IP-address is not "filtered" by the Shaw router -- all incoming TCP/IP traffic will reach your game-server.  So, to be "secure" on the Internet, be sure that the firewall software on your game-server "closes" all the incoming ports, except for the two ports that you need to have "open".

TALK TO US
We're here to help