Setting up outlook 2021 from office 2021 not 365

mormerod
Grasshopper

I'm hoping someone here is more useful than shaw support. I've tried every method to set up my email in outlook, but none seem to work. I've tried POP, IMAP, Exchange, and Exchange before 2013. Shaw just tells me to contact Microsoft, who of course wants me to pay for support. Remember this is office home and business 2021 not 365.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

Similar - I am looking for an app that will allow me to a...

Darkmountain
Grasshopper

Similar - I am looking for an app that will allow me to access my 2 shaw email accounts, a hotmail (Outlook) and a gmail account in one place. Up to jusst recently I was using Edison mail. but when Shaw locked my email account for the third time,  one of my shaw accounts won't work at all. 

0 Kudos

-- Microsoft Outlook should work for either POP or IMAP c...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Darkmountain -- Microsoft Outlook should work for either POP or IMAP connections to Shaw's mail-servers.

For Outlook 2016, see: How to set up your Shaw email in Outlook 2016

The same host-names and protocols should work for Outlook 2021.

Is your computer connected to the Shaw Internet network, probably through your Shaw-supplied cable-modem?

Where does it go wrong?

Can you send an E-mail message to a friend who has either a Shaw or a Telus E-mail ID?

Can that friend send to you?

If you logon to Shaw WebMail, can you see his reply that was sent to your Shaw ID?

0 Kudos

In advance setup, try selecting IMAP

guyjl
Grasshopper

In advance setup, try selecting IMAP

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help