Shaw 600 modem and internet problem

alex918
Grasshopper

Hi, when i switch from 300 to 600, I was given a new modem and however i cannot even get any wifi signal with it and i have to bridge the modem and use my dlink router inorder to get wifi. Lately, i have been noticing wifi disconneted on and off and internet speed was slow sometime even using wired directly. This is very frustrating. ANyone has the same issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

that is certainly odd. Did you try a pinhole reset to bri...

shaw-tony

@alex918 that is certainly odd. Did you try a pinhole reset to bring factory settings back and to complete the setup steps here(skip 1 and 2)? As for the disconnections, do you notice the modem or router rebooting when it happens?

0 Kudos

Hi Tony, i will try it out today and hope it works. Yes i...

alex918
Grasshopper

Hi Tony, i will try it out today and hope it works. Yes it is very odd that the new modem didn't pick up any wifi signal. If that doesn't work, what can i do?

0 Kudos

> If that doesn't work, what can i do? Telephone Shaw, to...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> If that doesn't work, what can i do?

Telephone Shaw, toll-free: 1-888-472-2222, and book a service appointment. Maybe, replacing the Shaw device will remediate your issue.

Same issue

chazlitt1
Grasshopper

I have the same issue for about the past 2 weeks, booked a service call. 

0 Kudos

We switched to the 600 plan and got their router & pod sy...

Marcans1
Grasshopper

We switched to the 600 plan and got their router & pod systems as recommended. I have to say it is worse than the internet 75 with my Netgear router. The speeds drop off dramatically 25 feet away. Shaw says it is because of walls but it worked perfectly well with the 75 plan & netgear router. Afterr four or five calls I have decided to switch to T for the same price & higher speed with a dedicated line. Hope they are better! Most Shaw agents are good but I did have one who asked me the exact same questions about three times and "sighed" every time she tried to do something & it did not work. Asked her to get more capable help, I think she panicked & put me on hold then disconnected. So after 20 plus years with Shaw they lost my business, not much hope for the future if they g on like this!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help