Shaw 600 XB6 Download/Upload Problems

asacher
Grasshopper

Hey all,

Was wondering if anyone could assist me with this problem.

Currently, i switched from Internet 300 (Hitron Modem) to the Shaw 600 (XB6 Modem). In all my history with shaw, I have always ran the modems bridged and i run wired and wireless connections off my router (Netgear Nighthawk AC1900).

I have had nothing but problems with my internet ever since. How I can best describe the problem, is that I am having almost "micro disconnects". They are interruptions within my internet connection that so momentarily kick me offline, but never to the point where the status light on my modem goes out. I do a lot of gaming and stream many things simultaneously, and it is very noticeable when it happens (Note: I am hardwired into gaming consoles and computer). I get kicked out of games, almost like a "lag switch happens" and then reconnect instantly. When it happens, my WiFi disconnects also on my other devices and also my security camera disconnect rapidly.

I have replaced all my Ethernet cables (Cat6), also a new coaxial cable. All connections are tight and secure. Running speedtests, i range anywhere between 80-540mbps Download, and 0.8-5mbsp Upload. My upload speed doesn't even come NEAR the speeds i was getting on the Hitron. I had swapped out the modem today, and the speeds have not improved or stabilized.

Anyone else encounter these issues? It seems like there is interference even when the modem is in bridge mode.

Labels (2)
17 Replies

Re: Shaw 600 XB6 Download/Upload Problems

Not applicable

I have been having the same issue. From what I've read it could be the modem or it could be the service. I have had these issues recently after switching to Shaw internet 600

0 Kudos

I had the exact same problem and also have the exact same...

tropikalstorm
Grasshopper

I had the exact same problem and also have the exact same mode. I got so frustrated I downgraded back to 300 and went back to a Hitron.

Wondering if the XB6 has improved since as this was a few months ago.

0 Kudos

I never had this issue with the 300. This is just so frus...

Paul256
Grasshopper

I never had this issue with the 300. This is just so frustrating

Yeah my downloads suck but I get 25 upload lol either Sha...

nabber88
Grasshopper

Yeah my downloads suck but I get 25 upload lol either Shaw sucks or the modem can’t handle it lol 600 download to me is pointless I bet jf Shaw released gig download speeds I bet it wouldn’t even hit 700 lol only difference in my opinion is the upload speeds from 15 to 20. That’s it no difference between 600 and 300 package just a money grab 

0 Kudos

there may be several reasons to why you are noticing this...

shaw-tony

@asacher @nabber88 @Paul256 @tropikalstorm there may be several reasons to why you are noticing this. It may be poor signal from the wall outlet to your modem. I would recommend scheduling a technician over to ensure the signal is solid. Are you also able to provide me some traceroutes/ping information where micro-disconnects are experienced?

0 Kudos

I booked for an appointment and the tech. came to check e...

Paul256
Grasshopper

I booked for an appointment and the tech. came to check everything. Everything was good and connected well. HE DID MENTION THAT THE CHIP ON THE BLUE CURVE IS REALLY NOT FOR GAMING. He mentioned something about it not being good for gaming. I'm just gonna switch back to the hitron. Very disappointed, I thought this was suppose to be an upgrade. 

0 Kudos

So let me get this straight Shaw cable tech said bluecurv...

nabber88
Grasshopper

So let me get this straight Shaw cable tech said bluecurve isn’t good for gaming lol then why does Shaw even use it then if that’s the truth then Shaw just lost a customer 

0 Kudos

apologies on any confusion caused. I've never had any iss...

shaw-tony

@Paul256 apologies on any confusion caused. I've never had any issues with games like Battle Field 4 and League of Legends with the BlueCurve modem. Which game servers are you connecting to? Can you provide traceroutes to Google, Shaw.ca and your game servers so we can investigate further?

0 Kudos

You guys have no interest in fixing this issue. I have ha...

DivinePartaker
Grasshopper

You guys have no interest in fixing this issue. I have had this same problem with micro disconnections and they just say that the logs on their end appear to show no outages. It is ridiculous...I also am considering down grading again to the hitron...I would leave for Telus in a heart beat if there was fiber in my area.

I have been with Shaw for well over a decade and since getting this stupid blue curve it has been one issue after another. I have logs proving the outages but the online chat just say..."nothing is showing up in our logs..."

It is ridiculous! My poor kids cannot play overwatch or minecraft because they are continually being subjected to these micro disconnections. Heck, my one son is a night owl and on weekends he is the only one connected to the modem(hard-wired) and he still gets these issues...and this is suppose to be internet 600. I think they need better monitoring software or maybe outages are only logged if they exceed a specific time frame which these micro disconnections do not meet???

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help