Shaw Cancellation results in bad service

Nattyk
Grasshopper

I've been with Shaw for a couple months now. Unfortunately the owner of the apartment I'm staying at decided to sell his apartment. I however found a new roommate but who has a shaw account. This automatically means we don't need one of the shaw accounts right. So I asked if we could maybe merge the account or have a way to reduce the amount that I have to pay for cancellation considering I'm still going to be a shaw customer just that my account will not be functioning. They say there's no way that can be done. So the first time I called they told me I had to pay $200 in cancellation fee then the second time I called after I had put in $200 into my account they tell me it's not enough when I called the next day I would need to pay $275. Imagine my disappointment. 

Labels (1)
8 Replies

-- $200 cancellation fee If you had a bundle of Internet...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Nattyk -- $200 cancellation fee

If you had a bundle of Internet & TV, the cancellation fee is $20/month. For you, that means 10 months. If you had not cancelled, your next 10 monthly payments would have been over $1500 -- much more than the cancellation fee.

If you only had Internet, the cancellation fee is $15/month. For you, $200 is not a multiple of $15. Also, $475 (200+275) is not a multiple of $15.

While reading this message, scroll-down to see the "Your Voice" hyperlink. Click it, and send your information to Shaw.

If you have cancelled, it's too late to ask how many months your new roommates have left on their contract, and whether they, not you, should have cancelled, allowing you to "move" your signed contract to your new location.

0 Kudos

Is Shaw after you for unreturned equipment?

rstra
Grand Master

@NattykIs Shaw after you for unreturned equipment?

0 Kudos

No Im still using the account I requested for them to end...

Nattyk
Grasshopper

No Im still using the account I requested for them to end my services with them at the end of April when my current billing cycle ends then I would send the equipment.. 

0 Kudos

-- then I would send the equipment At that date, follow S...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Nattyk -- then I would send the equipment

At that date, follow Shaw's procedure for returning the equipment (get a shipping-label from Shaw, box it up, and take the box to any Canada Post outlet, and get a tracking-number from Canada Post). Keep that tracking-number, to prove to Shaw, if necessary, that they should cancel the charge for "unreturned equipment".  Note that Shaw pays for the shipping of the box, not you.

0 Kudos

I am dealing with the same situation coming up. I wouldn’...

Lisanem
Grasshopper

I am dealing with the same situation coming up. I wouldn’t be so bothered if it weren’t for the 2 times that I have been lied to by Shaw employees to convince me to sign up for contracts. I should have kept the good month to month plan I had. Also thinking that I should record conversations with them on my end. I have been a Shaw customer for years. They won’t even let me transfer my contract to my landlord who is moving back to my apartment. Ugh

0 Kudos

i don't they allow transfer of responsibly so you stuck w...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

@Lisanem  i don't they allow transfer of responsibly so you stuck with i but you can take it with you in a serviced area and you can keep i at your place.  or face hundreds of dollars o cancel.  

0 Kudos

Unfortunately it will be the cancellation fees. Moving in...

Lisanem
Grasshopper

Unfortunately it will be the cancellation fees. Moving in somewhere that already has Shaw. 

0 Kudos

It's sucks and you shouldn't' have to pay anything and te...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

@Lisanem 

It's sucks and you shouldn't' have to pay anything and telus will buyout you contract i you get a deal with them.  rogers has approved the deal to buyout Shaw yesterday

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help