Jump to solution

-- which one? On a Shaw web-site: How to connect to a Sha...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@appleMacTech -- which one?

On a Shaw web-site: How to connect to a Shaw Go WiFi hotspot

you can find the answer.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks, I just find this so confusing, so repetitive. I'l...

appleMacTech
Grasshopper

Thanks, I just find this so confusing, so repetitive. I'll use my Shaw ID and password that I use to make changes to my account when I go to My Shaw

Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Yes, definitely something with iOS 14 and Shaw go. I init...

rstra
Grand Master

Yes, definitely something with iOS 14 and Shaw go. I initially thought mine was fine, turned off private address and now can no longer connect to Shaw Passpoint. Logged in manually and My Shaw still shows the random MAC, removed and re-added the actual and reboot, will see what happened when I go back to that AP. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Yes, this definitely solves the problem, sure would be ni...

appleMacTech
Grasshopper

Yes, this definitely solves the problem, sure would be nice if Apple told us about these new "hidden" features.

But I can only connect to ShawOpen and _not_ ShawGo. Tried ShawGo a dozen times in numerous places, this is the error message I keep getting (with and without Private Address disabled).

Perhaps Shaw customers have to choose one or the other but not both. I'm fine with just ShawOpen.

IMG_5064.PNG

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Were you able to connect to Passpoint?

rstra
Grand Master

@appleMacTech Were you able to connect to Passpoint?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Didn't try it, geez, how many more are there -- ShawOpen,...

appleMacTech
Grasshopper

Didn't try it, geez, how many more are there -- ShawOpen, ShawGo, Passpoint, I'm a (retired) computer tech yet I honestly find this all so confusing. What are all these? Can't Shaw just call this Shaw WiFi instead of giving it a million different names?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Shaw Open and Shaw Passpoint are for customers and I thin...

rstra
Grand Master

Shaw Open and Shaw Passpoint are for customers and I think Shaw Go  was free for everyone during the pandemic.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- how many ? Not even a thousand -- just three: the "Sha...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@appleMacTech -- how many ?

Not even a thousand -- just three: the "ShawOpen" SSID, requiring a Shaw E-mail ID to use, and the "ShawGo" SSID1, created by Shaw in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, to "temporarily" provide free WiFi to all, and the "ShawPassPoint", for the now-Shaw-owned Freedom Mobile (rebranded from when it was "Wind Mobile"), to provide free WiFi to Freedom Mobile cellular customers, and, now, to Shaw Mobile customers. Passpoint uses a more-secure protocol, for higher availability.

Jump to solution

I removed my iPhone from my list of devices in My Shaw, t...

rstra
Grand Master

@appleMacTech I removed my iPhone from my list of devices in My Shaw, turned off private address, deleted my certificate, then add myself back to My Shaw, installed a new certificate and am now back on Passpoint. Not sure if I had to do all those steps, but I wanted to make sure it worked. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hello, My problem is slightly different. I CAN login to b...

Lenh1
Grasshopper

Hello,

My problem is slightly different. I CAN login to both Shaw go and Shaw open, but when I try to login to Shaw Passpoint, it asks for a username and password. Due to a previous go round with logins, I have several different password/username combinations in my IPad password file. I have tried all the different username/password combinations several times but it never works. It seems to go into the spinning wheel busy operation, and has to have the wifi turned off and back on again to retry. This is IOS 15.2, my old IPad connects just fine right next to it on IOS 14.8. The new IPad is a 9th generation, the old one is a 5th generation.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help