Shaw internet outage in Langley?

InsouciantSoul
Grasshopper

Just relaxing with the wife streaming a show when the internet cut out.

Immediately I noticed the line on the front of our XB8 router/modem was flashing with an amber colour, then flashing green.

After that, the light became solid white, but then went back to flashing white after a minute or so. No Internet connection at all since then. Seems as though something caused the router to reset/reconnect but it is not able to connect since then.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

, this may be a stupid question but did you try unpluggin...

g-idk
Master

@InsouciantSoul , this may be a stupid question but did you try unplugging the power to the back of the modem, and wait 30 sec., and then plug the power back in.  You will have to wait for the modem to go through its boot up sequence and turn solid white.  If you have tried this already then you may need to chat or call in to Rogers/Shaw direct support, so they can remotely check your modems health and settings.  Hope it gets working for you.  

Yep, even did a full factory reset. I've spoken with Shaw...

InsouciantSoul
Grasshopper

Yep, even did a full factory reset.

I've spoken with Shaw, I am back online, thanks.

-- a few days ago, there was an outage, and it was listed...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@InsouciantSoul -- a few days ago, there was an outage, and it was listed on their "outages" page:

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/service-updates-outages/tkb-p/service-updates/label-name/lower%20mainland

for the Langley area.  However, that listing has been removed, probably because the issue has been resolved.

Also, there is another thread in this forum, about a "Langley" outage.

There may have been a notification posted in your account via the My Shaw Portal.

0 Kudos