Shaw internet outage in West Kelowna

mjamieson
Grasshopper

When is Shaw going to acknowledge the internet outage in West Kelowna and offer some sort of update on when service might be restored?

Labels (1)
3 Replies

Is Summerland effected by this outage as well? I just spe...

Netram37
Grasshopper

Is Summerland effected by this outage as well?

I just spent two hours trying to get back my Outlook email.  Didn't work.

0 Kudos

-- see:  www.CORDemergency.ca for up-to-date reports on t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mjamieson -- see:  www.CORDemergency.ca for up-to-date reports on the state of the forest fires that are approaching the Westbank/WestKelowna region.  Given the current "state of emergency" proclaimed by the Government of BC, Shaw/Rogers employees (and the general public) are forbidden to enter the evacuated areas. Only fire-fighters and support staff are permitted.   So, without access, they cannot fix any of their infrastructure.

So, short answer: probably it will be a month after the fires have been controlled or extinguished, which is not going to happen until the remnants of Hurricane Hilary (now causing flooding in the Los Angeles area) dump a significant amount of water onto the fires. 

Of course, such deluges of rain-water will run-off the burnt-out areas, causing land-slides, which will impact the roads that the Shaw/Rogers service trucks might be using, instead of having a healthy "green" forest/ground-cover absorb the water.

0 Kudos

-- have you checked Shaw's "Outages" page for the BC Inte...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Netram37 -- have you checked Shaw's "Outages" page for the BC Interior for details about Summerland?

If your Internet is otherwise working, then Shaw's mail-servers should be accessible.  So, you might have a problem ONLY with your Outlook app -- not related to Summerland at all.

Can you preview your E-mail via Shaw WebMail ?

>> spent two hours

Have you contacted Shaw Support [1-888-472-2222] to get them to try to trouble-shoot, or to give you information about their network infrastructure in Summerland?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help