Hi  , yes I do use online banking for my bills, but I wou...

g-idk
Master

Hi @mdk , yes I do use online banking for my bills, but I would never allow automatic payments to a company through that method either.  I personally want to maintain control over my payment of bills.  That could be a method for some people to use though, good to bring it up.  

0 Kudos

Actually the Rep did confirm that 2 payments would come o...

gordjandurocher
Grasshopper

Actually the Rep did confirm that 2 payments would come out within  2 weeks - my notice did say that - but problem solved it seems - I just cancelled their auto pay and only submitting 1 payment a month - but thanks for sharing. 

Hi , yes I see that now on myshaw, hmmm so now I'm wond...

g-idk
Master

Hi @wynford , yes I see that now on myshaw,  hmmm so now I'm wondering are they changing the payment due dates. Now I'm a little confused, good thing it is the 14th today and my new bill should be coming out, I'll check it later to see.  update I just checked my new bill everything the same but the changes don't take affect until July 15 so any changes would not be on this bill anyways (my bad) will have to see on next months bill I guess.  

0 Kudos

Here is a link with more info. on the upcoming changes....

g-idk
Master

Here is a link with more info. on the upcoming changes.  It does seem that they will be changing from a 30 day pay cycle to a 21 day cycle.  The service date of 30 days will stay the same but you must pay for that invoice 21 days after issue, for manual payments, but people on autopay will have there money taken out 14 days after invoice date.  I can see how this is confusing people.  So for example if my billing period is from the 14th till the 13th of the next month then instead of it being due on the 14th of the next month (30 days) it will now be due 21 days later and not 30 like before.  I hope I'm understanding this correctly.  here is the link Billing FAQs (shaw.ca).  I guess it will just be like a credit card statement now.  

They took the second payment without sending me the invoi...

Notahappycampe1
Grasshopper

They took the second payment without sending me the invoice. I cancelled my auto pay but too late! Am I just sol? Am I out the amount for a months charge? What a crooked company!

They didn’t take an extra payment, they just took the nex...

rstra
Grand Master

@Notahappycampe1 They didn’t take an extra payment, they just took the next payment earlier.

0 Kudos

I still don't understand this... what is the difference b...

wynford
Grasshopper

@g-idk wrote:

Hi @gordjandurocher , are you on the auto pay system that everyone seems to be upset about?  If the answer is yes maybe you should consider cancelling that auto pay and you manually paying the bill on the date that it's actually supposed to be due, I totally understand how this is upsetting many many people, me personally you could not pay me to ever go auto pay to some big company, it's a disaster only waiting to happen , you give them control.  Hope things get worked out for you.  

I still don't understand this... what is the difference between auto pay and pay manually... they still get their money. I'm getting an extra payment taken off on August 6th (according to myshaw,,, due date August 14th)... my usual auto payment is the 24th... Is this their way of getting more money out of us because they are losing TV customers to streaming. So is my usual payment still being taken off on the 24th?

Hi  , well the basic difference is that with auto pay the...

g-idk
Master

Hi @wynford , well the basic difference is that with auto pay they are now going to be taking out your payment earlier than before in fact it will now be 14 days after the invoice is issued, while before it used to come out the day before the 30 day due date, so now people are auto paying 2 weeks earlier than before. Now all invoices are due 21 days after invoice date not the 30 like before, so people who pay manually can now wait and have that extra week versus someone who pays with autopay.  That extra week can mean a big difference for some people who are on fixed incomes and can't have autopay withdrawing funds so early.  In the end no matter what system you use, they will now be getting our money earlier than before.  Hope I explained it a bit better.  

0 Kudos

-- you have the option of continuing to pay (at your bank...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wynford -- you have the option of continuing to pay (at your bank, or through the My Shaw Portal) just once per month, on the date that you historically have been paying.  However, your payment will be about 15 days "late", and will show up on your next invoice as "now due", and there may be a fee for late payment.  The point is that Shaw/Rogers will not terminate your services if you continually are just a few days "late" in making your monthly payment.  I have occasionally "missed" a payment, without being cut off, and without receiving any notice (phone, E-mail, SMS) about my non-payment.  Of course, when the "late" amount shows up on the next invoice, you don't pay the "total" -- you deduct the amount that you paid after the due-date.  I do not know if being late every month will hurt your Credit Rating.

0 Kudos

If they are or want their money earlier than what it was,...

wynford
Grasshopper

If they want their money earlier than what it was, shouldn't the early payment be pro-rated and then the full payment? It's like getting 2 full payments in one month.