wrote  If I denied payment....well you know what that mea...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@no2 wrote  If I denied payment....well you know what that means 

It means that the unpaid amount, with interest, will be added to your next invoice.

Eventually, it means that your services will be cut-off, and the unpaid amount will be sent to the "mosquitos" -- a collection agency that keeps buzzing you, and ruining your credit-rating.

If you are unhappy with Shaw, then talk to Telus.  Maybe, they will offer "buy-out" money, if you cancel your contract with Shaw, and subscribe to their TV/Internet.  Beware: Telus pricing may be good for the 1st year, with higher fees in following years.

Cancelling also means that you will pay $30/month for the remaining months, rather than over $100/month to Shaw, which saves you some money.

0 Kudos

In order to avoid late payment charges I have to make two...

Grant28
Grasshopper

In order to avoid late payment charges I have to make two payments in a 40 day period.  I've never been late and always pay the same day my email invoice arrives to my inbox.  Despite my diligence, Shaw claims I'm late.  I ask them to change my billing date and they refused.  They got one late payment fee from me this month, but today I switched.  The two nice Bell MTS installers just left.  After 10 years of payments to Shaw - I'm done.  Their payment policies are unscrupulous - they make money for the Shaw shareholders while the customer gets treated poorly.  

0 Kudos

, I'm confused a little bit, you say you pay your invoice...

g-idk
Master

@Grant28 , I'm confused a little bit, you say you pay your invoice the same day you receive the email notification that your bill is ready, then it would never be late.  Glad your happy with your switch to Bell though, in the end that's all that matters.  

I will cancel my auto-pay, if I can ever get through to S...

Barbaragail
Grasshopper

I will cancel my auto-pay, if I can ever get through to Shaw. I've been on hold for almost 2 hours, and when I tried the on-line chat I was nbr 178 in the queue. I still want a refund or credit for the extra payment they took!

0 Kudos

It isn’t an extra payment, it is two payments closer toge...

rstra
Grand Master

@Barbaragail  It isn’t an extra payment, it is two payments closer together because of the changes to the auto pay dates. 

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/billing-account-articles/how-to-set-up-auto-payments/ta-p/5568#content-se...

You can turn off auto pay in the app, not need to contact Rogers.

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/billing-account-articles/how-to-set-up-auto-payments/ta-p/5568

0 Kudos

For anyone who is still confused - this is virtually what...

TaylorZ
Grasshopper

For anyone who is still confused - this is virtually what happened to me (and likely to you)

• July 5th: Bill was ready. It was for service used in June. Payment due date was Aug 5th.
  • July 15th: Shaw changed withdraw policy
  • Aug 5th: Auto payment took out my money, for my June's service usage. Also July's bill was ready. According to the new policy, withdraw date became 14 days after billing date, i.e. Aug 18th.
  • Aug 18th: This was the 2nd withdraw this month, which confused some of you. That's for service you used in July.
  • Sept 5th: August's bill was ready. Auto payment date was Sept 18th.

In short literally, the 2 payments in a month, one is for last month, and the other is for the month before last. You are not over charged. The new policy only asked you to pay earlier what you are supposed to pay.

0 Kudos

wrote Aug 18th ... That's for service you used in July. C...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@TaylorZ wrote Aug 18th ... That's for service you used in July.

Correct -- the auto-debit was 30 days after receiving the invoice in early July.

You were invoiced on August 5. You were auto-debited on August 18, for already-received services (August 5th to August 18th) and for future services (August 18 to September 5).

In the past, the auto-debit was on the 30th day of receiving services. Now, as you noticed, auto-debit is on the 14th day of receiving services.  Some may call this a "money-grab" by Rogers, to get your money 16 days earlier than previously. 

July 5th: Bill was ready. It was for service used in June. Payment due date was Aug 5th.

On July 5, you were auto-debited for services received in June. Also, on the same day, you were invoiced for services starting on July 5. As you wrote, the due-date for this new invoice was August 5.

> Aug 5th: Auto payment took out my money, for my June's service usage. Also July's bill was ready. 

The auto-debit was for the invoice created on July 5th for services in July.  On the same day (August 5th), you were invoiced for services between August 5 & September 5. As you stated, the auto-debit was done on August 18th.

Yes, it is a little confusing among the billing-date, the days in the billing-period, and the "pay-by" date.

0 Kudos