shaw webmail site keeps getting blocked by nordvpn as phishing site

Matt354555
Grasshopper

Hello,

NordVPN keeps blocking your email site wm-so.glb.shawcable.net/zimbra/mail claiming it's a phishing site.  Is this an error or has my email been hijacked? 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

does webmail work when you turn off the vpn?

rstra
Grand Master

@Matt354555  does webmail work when you turn off the vpn?

0 Kudos

-- probably a "false positive" flag.  Without the full te...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Matt354555 -- probably a "false positive" flag.  Without the full text of the E-mail returned to you, it is difficult to determine which of the web-sites that offer "black-list" databases is flagging the Shaw mail-server.

Can you configure some other E-mail ciient (Apple Mail, Windows Mail, Outlook 365) instead of Shaw WebMail, and send a "test" message, to bypass that listed "WM" ("WebMail") server?

0 Kudos

Yes. If I completely turn off the app.

Matt354555
Grasshopper

0 Kudos

Matt354555
Grasshopper

0 Kudos

mdk, It's not returning any emails to me.  After I enter...

Matt354555
Grasshopper

mdk,

It's not returning any emails to me.  After I enter my sign in info I get this when the page tries to redirect to the zimbra mail page.

Page blocked by Threat Protection

Malicious code was detected on this website, so we blocked it for your protection. Visiting this page may put your security at risk.

Leave page Mark as Safe

Or unblock this page . You can block it again from the NordVPN app. *By marking this page as safe, you acknowledge that you may provide us with some personal data, which we'll process in line with our Privacy Policy.

Threat detected:

Phishing

This website has been identified as a phishing site. Phishing sites trick you into revealing your personal information such as passwords and bank account numbers

Learn more

I can access my emails by marking it as safe but I'd prefer to know it is safe before I do that.

Not sure how to configure an other email client as I don't use those.

Is it redirecting to the correct address? If it's a false positive you folks may want to send a message to Nord as it's a little disconcerting lol.
0 Kudos

wrote: Page blocked by Threat Protection: https://wm-so.g...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Matt354555 wrote:

Page blocked by Threat Protection: https://wm-so.glb.shawcable.net/zimbra/mail

Malicious code was detected on this website, so we blocked it for your protection.

Visiting this page may put your security at risk.

Mark as Safe

NORDVPN has detected that one of the many-thousands users of the Shaw WebMail was detected as sending "spam" E-mail.  So, 100% of the users of both NORDVPN and Shaw WebMail are being blocked.  Sigh.

Just click "Mark as safe" for you (but none of the other users) to bypass the message.

Maybe, somebody with an abundance of technical knowledge will already have reported the issue to NORDVPN.

Maybe, NORDVPN reacted to the report, and have removed the flagging of that web-site.

Maybe, "update" the NORDVPN software (if it has an "update" button) or by downloading/reinstalling NORDVPN (to get the most-recent release) to see if they have updated it.

0 Kudos