ShawOpen isn't registering VPN Laptop

brandimore
Grasshopper

I created a post a few weeks ago and it was confirmed that the Register Device section in Myshaw only works with IOS (phones, tablets) and not laptops.

I am working with my IT support team and one of the recommendations was to see if I could provide Shaw my MACAddress so they could manually register. The issue is with registering while on ShawOpen is that the Cisco dialogue box takes over with the VPN when trying to login and register the device. The 'Submit' button to complete is disabled. Nothing happens.

Therefore, there needs to be a way for Shaw to take the minimum information like MACAddress so the device can be registered. This is super frustrating as this blocks many customers from working remotely with a VPN.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

There used to be an option to register via MAC address, b...

rstra
Grand Master

@brandimore  There used to be an option to register via MAC address, but that feature has been removed.

0 Kudos

Not sure if you work for shaw or not.. but is there stanc...

brandimore
Grasshopper

Not sure if you work for shaw or not.. but is there stance 'you're screwed' then?

0 Kudos

-- what happens if you disable the Cisco VPN, then connec...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@brandimore -- what happens if you disable the Cisco VPN, then connect/register to ShawOpen, and then enable the Cisco VPN?  Can you connect to your company's VPN-server -- going "through" the now-validated ShawOpen connection?

I have never worked for Shaw. I have never been employed by Shaw.   🙂

0 Kudos

Ahh got it, thank you :) With this VPN setup, I can't act...

brandimore
Grasshopper

Ahh got it, thank you 🙂

With this VPN setup, I can't actually connect to any internet until I'm connected to the VPN. The previous contract I had with VPN I was able to connect to the internet, login to the GoWifi, then the VPN so it wasn't an issue. I'm at a loss as it's hard to ask the business to change their VPN settings and with Shaw offering no workaround, i'm unable to work outside my home

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help