If you don’t have the Shaw pods, you can try turning off...

rstra
Grand Master

If you don’t have the Shaw pods, you can try turning off band steering. Instructions here:

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-articles/how-to-change-your-wifi-name-and-password-with-bluecurv...

I have smart plugs and hp printer which are on a 2.4g the...

disappointment
Grasshopper

I have smart plugs and hp printer which are on a 2.4g they don't connect.This modem should which automatically between the 2.4 and 5 which it does for my nest stat and the lutron switches so why doesn't it support HP printer or smart plugs by smart life.I call shaw and they help with some of tv pods that wouldn't pair for voice control but no help on the printer or the plugs.before we up grade all of this was working perfectly now its like its junk which it isn't.The woman that help me said to try the updated plugs which I have still they won't pair with the modem.

Disappointment

0 Kudos

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@disappointment -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help.

I think that you should read this entire thread, and try the earlier suggestions, e.g., temporarily disabling 5G, or creating an SSID for 2.4 and a different SSID for 5G.

0 Kudos

well that a great idea but I am having trouble in locatin...

disappointment
Grasshopper

well that a great idea but I am having trouble in locating the instructions.i can find changing password and login but no where can I find the step by step on how to separate the two any help is very much appreciated.

0 Kudos

well the thread you put up is for changing a password and...

disappointment
Grasshopper

well the thread you put up is for changing a password and login not not enabling the 2.4 g

I finally got a hold of a guy from SHAW who talk me though it and it easy, here's how

1-open the blue curve app (if you don't have it install it)

2 at the bottom check on OVERVIEW

3- then at the top you will see VIEW NETWORK DETAIL

4- check on the pencil in the top right corner

5- now you can make changes make sure you check both boxes after changes 

I want to thank the fellow from SHAW who helped me. thank you thank you

When I log onto my shw modem from my computer, I am abl t...

Peter46
Grasshopper

When I log onto my shw modem from my computer, I am abl to chaange the network to 2.4 Ghz but I cannot get mt CE plugs to connect and my iphone 13 which logs onto the 5 Ghz no problem will also not log onto 2.4 after I have changed the setting. 

When I look at my wifi settings on my computer they show I am runnin gon 2.5 after I make the change

0 Kudos

--  please read another thread: how to seperate [sic] 2.4...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Peter46 --  please read another thread: how to seperate [sic] 2.4GHz and 5GHz so that I can connect smart plug that requires a 2.4GHz connection

at:  https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-discussions/how-to-seperate-2-4ghz-and-5ghz-so-that-i-can-connec...

Your iPhone should easily connect to either the SSID for the 2.4 Ghz or the other SSID for the 5 Ghz. If it does not, then check the configuration of your 2.4 SSID.

0 Kudos