Smart plugs

LK
Grasshopper

I have the CE smart plugs but can’t get them to connect to the new blue curve gateway that we have.  The plugs only work on a 2.4 GHz network.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
16 Replies

@LK By default the BlueCurve gateway would broadcast the...

shaw-valerie

@LK By default the BlueCurve gateway would broadcast the same SSID for both the 2.4 GHz and 5GHz networks, and then use the appropriate network based on the device. Do you know if other devices in your home are able to connect to the 2.4GHz network? If you're not sure, or all of your other devices are automatically directed to the the 5GHz network, try changing the SSID of the 2.4 GHz network and then see if your CE devices are able to get connected. 

0 Kudos

How do you change the SSID on the 2.4 network?

Nohtawiy
Grasshopper

How do you change the SSID on the 2.4 network?

you can certainly follow the steps here to change your 2....

shaw-tony

@Nohtawiy you can certainly follow the steps here to change your 2.4G SSID. You can also select use different names and passwords for 2.4 GHZ and 5 GHZ WiFi to split them.

0 Kudos

All I see is how to change your password. Not helpful. Mu...

Rlycan
Grasshopper

All I see is how to change your password. Not helpful. Much like the chat help. 

0 Kudos

thanks for the feedback. I'll advise our apps team member...

shaw-tony

@Rlycan thanks for the feedback. I'll advise our apps team members to review the steps and functionality. In the meantime, you should be able to access that feature through the modem UI with the steps here. A factory pinhole reset may be required to bring back full access.

0 Kudos

Automatically inserted at the bottom of this thread is th...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Automatically inserted at the bottom of this thread is the hyperlink:

how to seperate 2.4GHz and 5GHz so that I can connect smart plug that requires a 2.4GHz connection 

That might help, even though the correct spelling is "separate". 🙂

0 Kudos

I am using the smart life app. Changed 2.4 password. Stil...

Rejet
Grasshopper

I am using the smart life app. Changed 2.4 password. Still no connectivity. All 5G connected with only a little effort.

0 Kudos

> Changed 2.4 password. Still no connectivity. Do you (or...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> Changed 2.4 password. Still no connectivity.

Do you (or a friend) have an older iPhone or iPad, that only offers 2.4 Ghz connectivity? Can those devices connect, using the new password?

I am having the same problem with Bluecurve and smart lif...

Dbell10
Grasshopper

I am having the same problem with Bluecurve and smart life. Have you found a solution?