Speeds are just horrendous here...

netievc
Grasshopper

I live in a small town about 400KM NE of Thunder Bay. Currently subscribed to the 30Mbps down 5 up plan for, atm, $96/month after taxes. At the best times of the day, which is a tiny window between 3AM and 6AM I get around 15-20Mbps. During the day however, it slows to around 5Mbps. During evening/night, right now, I'm getting 1.39 Mbps/3Mbps with a horrendous 442ms ping and 380ms jitter. 

This has been going on, and getting consistently worse, for around 5 years. I've attempted several times to reboot my modem/router. I've even gotten the new Hitron modem and it hasn't helped at all. The low speeds are consistent across 6 game consoles, 2 computers, and 2 iPads whether on wifi or ethernet. I've even talked to others in town who have the same low speed problems I am so I'm quite sure it isn't my equipment. 

I know there's probably nothing Shaw can do, but for the price I'm paying I really expected more. 

~A disappointed customer. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Speeds are just horrendous here...

cdx304
Grasshopper

You are using WIFI how can you compare speeds you need faster wifi in your computer hardware .Try wired gigabit lan  

0 Kudos

Re: Speeds are just horrendous here...

shaw-tony

Hey tirekyll,

Thank you for reaching out! I am very sorry to hear of the poor Internet experience you've been having. It may be a signal related issue. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I'd recommend trying some steps here to see if it helps. If the issues continue, your best bet is to touch base with technical support for further assistance or to have a service technician scheduled on site.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help