Jump to solution

I you have inernet before 10 buyer reorse, here is no Pen...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

@kalpeshp158 I you have inernet before 10 buyer reorse, here is no Penalty but if you cancell ater your buyer remorse, there is a 15 dollar cancelaion fee remaining in your contract so 15 times 24 equals $360 dollars

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Xb7 and xb6 modem uses different frequencys than the hitr...

Rs646464
Grasshopper

Xb7 and xb6 modem uses different frequencys than the hitron modems. 
ofdm frequencys are 750 mhz to 942 mhz.

if the signal has roll off ( like throwing a baseball ..at a point it drops off)

in these higher frequencys or there is too many uncorrectable errors you can have issues. 

This isnt always something in the house it can be in drop system/ tap or further upstream

Jump to solution

Yup... I have the same problem.. though with GIG speed....

jdgsison
Grasshopper

Yup... I have the same problem.. though with GIG speed.  Paying for gig and I get 600.  They basically scammed me into a 2 year commitment so that I couldn't switch to Telus Fibre.  To top it off.  I already Had 600.... and when I called tech support... instead of fixing the issue asked me... well what can't you do in the house? Is something lagging?  .... intold him NOT the point.  I was offered and now pay for gig I should get gig.  That's like going to a restaurant and ordering prime rib and they give you a fish burger and then say.. what's wrong? It's food? It's sustenance... it will keep you alive...  like WTF?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- Paying for gig and I get 600.  Shaw downloads to your...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jdgsison -- Paying for gig and I get 600. 

Shaw downloads to your cable-modem the speed that your cable-modem is to provide to you. So, ask Shaw (1-888-472-2222) to "reprovision" the modem, to download the configuration that will set the modem to give you "Fibre+ Gig" speed.

They basically scammed me into a 2 year commitment, so that I couldn't switch to Telus Fibre.

Note: Shaw invented the term "Fibre+", with that spelling. Telus uses "Fiber" (the standard spelling).

At least 3 times in the last 2 years, a Telus salesperson has offered me a "buy-out" if I were to cancel my Shaw two-year Value Plan, and sign up with Telus. The amount of the buy-out offered to me was $20/month, for each month remaining on my Shaw contract. That $20 is the fee that Shaw charges for an "early" cancellation.

So, you are not being "scammed", since Telus will offset Shaw's cancellation fees.

P.S. Signing a two-year contract costs you less per month than paying their "month-to-month-no-contract" fees, and Shaw promises NO price-increases for Shaw Internet for those two years. Nice!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I just got upgraded from 500 to 1Ghz.. and speed tests we...

Ub6
Grasshopper

I just got upgraded from 500 to 1Ghz.. and speed tests went from almost 600 on a regular basis with the 500 plan to now getting between 150 and 280 with the 1Ghz plan.  Spent a fair amount of time on chat with "tech" services only to tell me it is probably my cat5e cable.  NOTHING has changed other than my speed drop.  They are sending me a cat 6, but I just went and bought a cat 7 (way overkill) and guess what.. speeds are still the same.  It is not my cable or anything else on my end, but trying to tell them that is like talking to a wall.  I asked for tier 2 support but was ignored.

What the heck.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- it is possible that Shaw did not correctly "provision"...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Ub6 -- it is possible that Shaw did not correctly "provision" (their word) your cable-modem to allow it to receive at the 1000 speed. Ask them to remotely logon to your cable-modem, for them to see the modem's internal pages.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

They have done that.  I called back today and had someone...

Ub6
Grasshopper

@mdk They have done that.  I called back today and had someone who knows what they are actually doing other than reading off a screen step by step.  A tech is coming out as there is an issue that requires them.  Go figure.  Thanks for the reply on this old thread I brought back from the dead though.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I get the same BS from Shaw .. I have the same issue and...

jdgsison
Grasshopper

I get the same BS from Shaw .. I have the same issue and the technician basically asked me... what's not working in your house that your complaining about the speed.  WTF?!  what a a$$h@t.  Doesn't matter if I don't use it at all ... I pay for X amount of speed... so give me Xamount of speed.  Just to let you all know... you can cancel and switch providers... as this is a breach on their part to deliver services you pay for, if they try to make you pay a penalty .. just ask to speak to their legal counsel to have a conversation on breach.  Be sure to record your speed tests over time ... every day at different times of the day for proof.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- you can cancel and switch providers Several times over...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jdgsison -- you can cancel and switch providers

Several times over the last few years, Telus has offered me a "buy-out": if I were to cancel my Shaw services with "X" months left in my two-year Value Plan, Telus would offer me $20 credit per month for each of the "X" months, to offset Shaw's cancellation fee ($20/month).   I do not know if that offer is still available; you will have to ask Telus.

Note that the Shaw Speed Test runs some older computers (Windows computers with processors running at less than 2 Ghz ) at 100% of the CPU speed. The result of having this "slow" computer is significantly lower numbers reported by the Shaw Speed Test.  

Also, if you are running the Shaw Speed Test over WiFi, it could be the WiFi adapter inside your device that is the "bottleneck" at 600 Mbps.

So, for the above 2 reasons, it does make sense to be asked: what's not working in your house that you're complaining about the speed.   

Run the Shaw Speed Test using a fast, Ethernet-connected computer, to get the best numbers from the test.  Then, contact Shaw Support. They may need to "reprovision" your cable-modem, if it is currently configured to supply 600 Mbps service.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Ya.. I pay for gig services and I get under 500... and wh...

jdgsison
Grasshopper

Ya.. I pay for gig services and I get under 500... and when you ask them for months of credit because they don't give you what you pay for they give you every excuse in the world... I was even told by a tech.. is something nor working in your house? Obviously trained to say that (I hope) or he's just clueless that if you py for 600 you should get 600 , you pay for a gig you should get a gig.  Not you pay for a Porsche and you get Hyundai Pony.  If anyone is interested in a class action... please let me know.  (Start recording your speeds for the next few weeks off peak times so no excuses for them) 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help