It can be intermittent which I think is what probably got...

talios
Grasshopper

It can be intermittent which I think is what probably got you, testing with GeForce now which actually tells you latency I'll get 40 ms (used to be 20) which is playable  run it again a few minutes later and get 200+

0 Kudos

just gave it a try, still is an issue, unfortunately...

JonahL
Grasshopper

@shaw-tony just gave it a try, still is an issue, unfortunately... 

0 Kudos

Definitely not fixed. It is still an issue for me.

mattywaggleburn
Grasshopper

Definitely not fixed. It is still an issue for me. 

0 Kudos

Definitely still broken for me as well. It showed an “exc...

Jbegould
Grasshopper

Definitely still broken for me as well. It showed an “excellent” connection around noon, but since then it’s been back to being “unstable.” Hopefully this gets sorted out soon. 

0 Kudos

Thank you for letting me know! I have passed your informa...

shaw-tony

@talios @CapnCrunch @Alexey @Flourens @JonahL @mattywaggleburn @Jbegould 

Thank you for letting me know! I have passed your information to our engineers to investigate further.

I've been having this problem for 2 weeks.  Escalated to...

Exception
Grasshopper

I've been having this problem for 2 weeks.  Escalated to Shaw & Google, described that everyone else is having these problems too.  Contacted Shaw support today and was told not their problem, check with Google.  Google says they are working with Shaw.

0 Kudos

When i called at the beginning of the week i had to escal...

mattywaggleburn
Grasshopper

When i called at the beginning of the week i had to escalate the issue because they denied anyone else reporting it.  Tier 2 (or what i assume to be) then informed me the B.C. land slide fibre cut repairs were still in progress... and that they weren't working with google on any resolution. i'm still waiting for a call back as to when it'll be fixed as they said they were unable to provide any ETA on it.  Perhaps @shaw-tony can provide an update from the engineering team because it seems like between this forum and the stadia reddit a bunch of people are getting different stories.

0 Kudos

It's funny how nobody seems to take it seriously. If it w...

JonahL
Grasshopper

@Exception It's funny how nobody seems to take it seriously. If it was Netflix having this issue, Shaw would be all over it. In the end, Shaw and Google need to work together on this, because it has nothing to do with an individual's connection... Either we're going to cancel Stadia because it doesn't work, or we're going to switch over to Telus where it does work.. so it should be in both company's interest to get this resolved..

0 Kudos

It works flawlessly at my neighbors place two doors down...

mattywaggleburn
Grasshopper

@JonahL It works flawlessly at my neighbors place two doors down running Telus...  The technical support rep mentioned the streaming traffic is being routed through Winnipeg... which seems weird since Alberta is usually considered west coast.  My guess is they never rerouted certain traffic through Vancouver/Seattle.

0 Kudos

I have a friend who is on a different provider and it wor...

CapnCrunch
Grasshopper

I have a friend who is on a different provider and it works perfectly fine. On less bandwidth too. 

I find it VERY hard to believe it is stadia, GeForce now and xcloud who are at fault. It just doesn't add up. 

I am fine not playing games, they really just help me unwind after work and crazy kids. But so does a book.

What I am not cool with is getting the runaround. If there is an issue with shaws infrastructure please just tell us so we can be patient and understanding otherwise, we are going to let our minds run wild. 

I was told by two separate stadia tech support reps that Google has been in contact with Shaw. So like @mattywaggleburn said we are getting conflicting stories. 

I have considered moving providers as well. The lack of care in this has been painful. 4 chat sessions, 2 techs ( albeit they were awesome ) and 1 phone call all to be told there is no problem, even tho I can physically show them.

TALK TO US
We're here to help