-- what a sad story. While reading this message, scroll-d...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ROBY3 -- what a sad story.

While reading this message, scroll-down to see:

Capture.JPG

Click on the "Your Voice" hyperlink, to send your feedback to Shaw. You should receive a reply - by Email or telephone.

0 Kudos

In my opinion Shaw is a corrupt company. I have called an...

Cusash
Grasshopper

In my opinion Shaw is a corrupt company. I have called and receive quota varying 20 dollars for the same services. 

0 Kudos

--  I have called and receive [quotes?] varying 20 dollar...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Cusash --  I have called and receive [quotes?] varying 20 dollars for the same services. 

Which offer did you accept?

How much, before taxes? Month-to-month or two-year Value Plan? What package of TV channels? What Internet Speed? Shaw Home Phone included? Shaw Mobility added? Any "loyalty discounts" ?

0 Kudos

I renewed my service August 29. I moved August 31. I call...

Cusash
Grasshopper

I renewed my service August 29. I moved August 31. I called September 5 to cancel service because 1. The service did not work consistently, 2. I was not willing to pay 191. I was quoted 163. The next bill was 271. I called and within 10 minutes and 3 different online agents I was quoted 181, 175, and 189. Each time more money for less services. I agreed to 160.00.  What Shaw did is cancel my paid channel packages and then charged me for each between 4-6 dollars. Does that sound up front to you?  

0 Kudos

1. I renewed my service August 29. I moved August 31. The...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Cusash 

1. I renewed my service August 29. I moved August 31. The service did not work consistently,

Was it working consistently at your previous location?

Did you contact Shaw Support, to trouble-shoot at your current location?

2. I was not willing to pay 191. I was quoted 163.

Have you logged-on to the My Shaw portal, and clicked on "transactions", to see every add/delete/change since 01-JAN-2020, to give details about each charge/credit/payment ? Did the quotes include PST/GST ?

3. The next bill was 271.

What was your bill for a full month, e.g., July, or August, or September ? What was the bill the month after the $271 ?

4. I called and within 10 minutes and 3 different online agents I was quoted 181, 175, and 189.

10 minutes? Some people on this discussion forum claim to have waited for literally hours to talk over the telephone to a Shaw Agent.

5. Each time more money for less services. I agreed to 160.00.  

That's a good price for a "triple-play" (Shaw TV, Shaw Internet, Shaw phone), if that is what you signed-up to get.

6. What Shaw did is cancel my paid channel packages and then charged me for each between 4-6 dollars.

Again, look within My Shaw for all your "transactions" over the last 6 months.

0 Kudos

RE SERVICE

LV2
Grasshopper

I had been a loyal customer until Shaws service began buffering on a regular basis. Constant complaints emails and phone call were and are pointless. Went to Telus, after 2 years the fees were exorbitant and caused me to return to Shaw. Bad decision-told my service would be good and reliable and affordable. It's only been one month and the buffering is (again) constant. Every show buffers! Ridiculous! I have cancelled within the time limit of one month but Shaw refuses to honour their own contract. They would rather take me to court at their expense, since I'm a senior and haven't the income to pay.

I am sending this email to every social media that I can find. I'm sure a lawyer will assist me in resolving this issue.

0 Kudos

Hi  , sorry to hear of your poor experience.  It seems th...

g-idk
Master

Hi @LV2 , sorry to hear of your poor experience.  It seems though there is a lot more to the story of the 30 day cancellation than you are saying on here.  What reasons did Shaw give for not honoring.  I could be wrong but I thought it was a 10 day cancellation period that customers had.  Anyways hopefully everything gets worked out for you.  Stay Safe.  

The symptoms you are reporting sound technical and may re...

rickatk
Master

@LV2 

The symptoms you are reporting sound technical and may relate to poor connection integrity. Rather than getting into a big fight with Shaw I suggest a technical fix to your problems.

Where do you live?

Private residence? Condo?

Have you had Shaw come by to look at your setup?

Has your gear been properly provisioned?

Changing providers out of frustration with technical problems won’t solve anything.

Work withShaw technical support and be patient. .

--- have you connected with Shaw Support (www.shaw.ca/cha...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LV2 --- have you connected with Shaw Support (www.shaw.ca/chat) or 1-888-472-2222, to get an Agent to remotely logon to your TV box, to view the "signal-strength" reaching your device? Did Shaw have a technician come to your home, and do some measurements, and maybe replace your TV box?

I feel your pain. I had used Telus as my internet service...

megatherium
Grasshopper

I feel your pain. I had used Telus as my internet service provider for over ten years and a Shaw employee called me in February were a deal to switch over that was too good to refuse. Or so I thought. Not long after I received the modem from the courier it became obvious that I couldn't install it myself as my little apartment has only one cable outlet and it's being used for tv. So they sent an installer over and he simply split the feed to the tv and was gone. Yesterday I received a bill for $111.95 for the home visit, even though I can't see how a lack of infrastructure in the apartment for to accommodate their equipment could be considered my fault.

And top it off, I think I the modem itself or the ethernet cable this guy installed are defective. The signal has been weak, I'm getting freezing whenever I leave the desktop for a minute ir two. Really bad experience with Shaw so far. I'm really regretting leaving Telus for this mess.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help